Geo Targetting Pop Up Plugin

Hi, just a quick question as to whether the Pop Up plugin could be geo targeted at all as I need it to show a notice to users only from a particular country?

Also, if this is possible, could it show one pop up to users from country X, and a different pop up to users from other countries?

Thanks,

Rob

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Rob!

This isn’t anything that’s provided by the plugin itself. However, if you found a way to detect a user’s location that could be utilised in the rules of the plugin you could achieve this.

You would need to find a developer to help you with this unless you’re a developer yourself.

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya ideaboxx,

This is not currently part of the pop up plugin’s rule settings. However, you may be able to have the popup show different information to users by combining it with this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpgeocode/

It’s pretty new and lists compatibility at 3.0.5, so not sure how well it’ll work – if it does, but may be worth a look.

Anyone else have a way to track by geolocation in WordPress?

Thanks!

• ideaboxx
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well detecting the location shouldn’t be too difficult as there seem to be a few plugins that can do this. In fact I noticed that Ozh’s Who Sees Ads plugin has a Geolocation option using IP2Nation, so i’m wondering whether this could be used somehow:

Can the popup be inserted using a shortcode? (e.g. if you wanted it on a specific page/post). If so, the popup could be inserted using a shortcode within the ‘ad code’ section on the Who Sees Ads plugin. The ‘Ad code’ could then be shown conditionally depending on the location of a user, and in turn the popup would display, or not…

The Geocode plugin also looks like it may be suitable with some modification too – will have a play and see what I can combine, or else I’ll see if i can find a developer to help build something suitable.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Yeah, some combination of those plugins may do the trick. We don’t currently have the ability to show a popup based on the page you’re on, but we’ve been looking at the idea of creating multiple popups on a single install. Hopefully we’ll have a solution for that soon.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.