Get an error when trying out a payment to PayPal sandbox using coursepress/marketpress

Hi
Trying to set up PayPal with the developer sandbox. I've entered the API credentials but on testing get a message that says "Oops! An error occurred while processing your payment." in a red box. There is no other clue as to what the issue is. Am I doing something wrong. I've checked the API stuff several times but always the same result.

Thanks

john

• Rupok

Hi john

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I tried to regenerate the issue on my test site but I could not. I could successfully pay with my PayPal Sandbox keys for CoursePress through MarketPress. So it's not a plugin conflict, rather there is something on your site which is causing this.

Can you please do a plugin conflict test just to make sure no other plugin is causing this? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this article: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• John Langer

Hi Rupok

Thanks for stepping in.

I disabled all plugind except courepress pro and marketpress. I still got the error message (I've attached a screenshot of it).
    I have turned on debug mode but get no further notifications.

In my FTP client I have noticed an error log which says this:
    [29-Mar-2016 07:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 815
    [29-Mar-2016 07:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): Error reading result set's header in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 815
    [29-Mar-2016 07:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=30672 in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 782
    [29-Mar-2016 07:19:05 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_set_charset(): Error executing query in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 782
    [29-Mar-2016 07:36:41 UTC] PHP Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=877 in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 782
    [29-Mar-2016 07:36:41 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_set_charset(): Error executing query in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 782
    [29-Mar-2016 07:40:13 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_set_charset(): MySQL server has gone away in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 782
    [29-Mar-2016 07:40:13 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_set_charset(): Error reading result set's header in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 782
    [29-Mar-2016 07:40:13 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_set_charset(): Error executing query in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 782

Don't know if that helps at all.

I have given access to the site if that helps

Thanks once again,

John

• John Langer

Thought I'd try an experiment while I was waiting, so I opened a private browser window (Firefox) and started the enrolment process. This bought up a pop up to create a new account which I did. I then went through the rest of the enrollment process. I got the same error. Then while on that page (checkout) I clicked on the hyperlink for the course and on the courses page got this error message. I don't know if it's related or not.

Notice: Undefined variable: original_image in /home/arooney1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/template-functions.php on line 2400

Thanks once again,

John