Get name and badge below the chat person?

http://hosting-4-oscommerce.com/groups/oscommerce-newbies/wpmudev-chat-bp-group/ Group admins icon is too small. Missing name below photo.

Inside the chat, my photo should align right and my first name below the photo. Like your chats do.

• Denver
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I figured out how to increase the size of the avatar. But, I think it's going to be code to hyperlink the name and avatar to the user's profile as a _blank target or javascript onclick open custom size window? Maybe a feature request?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Denver,

Not sure how many different threads you have going related to chat.

I figured out how to increase the size of the avatar. But, I think it's going to be code to hyperlink the name and avatar to the user's profile as a _blank target or javascript onclick open custom size window? Maybe a feature request?

Yes, this will need to be a feature request. Realize that as chat works a link to the profile is not always a solution. The chat plugin was designed to support non-WordPress users. So for a Public (anonymous) user there really is no link to the profile.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Denver.

Well for BuddyPress groups obviously the user must be logged in and a member of the group. So in that case yes I can see a link to access the user's profile coming soon. I was referring to the general use of Chat outside of BP Groups. And yes, there is an admin setting that you can make a chat session viewed only by WP logged in users.

• Denver
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Cool ok I see that you might do a conditional to check if logged on and link to their (slug) profile page or might it be useful to click their photo and your input box puts @username prefixed before your message and flagged as a mention in their activity stream IF buddypress is active?

Have you done much studying on doing pushes to chat participants if the moderator/admin sends a link? I've also seen live chats be capable of sending files and canned responses with things like links to a knowledgebase

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Denver,

Yeah, this will all come eventually. This Chat 2.0 was cut short because we/I was still supporting our older Chat 1.3.x which was very old code. Too old to support. So I wanted first to rework all the logic and at least get things so that every time I made a change 10 other things would not break.

Have you done much studying on doing pushes to chat participants if the moderator/admin sends a link?

Not sure I follow that question.

I've also seen live chats be capable of sending files and canned responses with things like links to a knowledgebase

Yeah, this is another popular request from users of out Chat. Being able to upload file as well as enter rich text. The rich text will be added soon. The admin will be able to define allowed HTML text to accept. Currently the filtering removed everything that looks like HTML or no text. Super sensitive about XSS scripting and such.

As for uploads I have some serious reservations. Mainly because file uploads are always an issue. Even within WordPress itself. You probably know the drill. The file upload limit is capped at 2mb by the server php.ini. So during chat some user is trying to upload a 10mb file and what happens. We get a screaming member saying Chat doesn't work. Story of my life. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.