Get redirected to wrong page when trying to register

I have buddy press and WPMU membership plugin installed.

I have created a register page with the [subscriptionform] code added.

The buddypress and the membership register page is set to the page where the form is added.

But when I try to register I get redirected to the registration cancelled page.

When I just type the page URL in the address (ex. http://www.domain.com/registration) I get redirected to the home page.

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi Noddy,

Welcome to the WPMUdev Community!

Buddypress and Membership use two different registration processes. You will need to remove Buddpress’ reference to the Registration page for membership registration to function correctly :slight_smile:

If this doesn’t fix the redirect then you can re-open the ticket and give a few more details on your setup and we can try to replicate. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark “Not Resolved” to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• noddy
    • New Recruit

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried to set the register page for buddypress to none, but when I try to access the registration page I get this error.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/page-template-custom-login.php:7) in /home/xxx/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 866

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I’m guessing that because we haven’t heard back from you that you’ve got your issue worked out! If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don’t miss it!

This ticket is only being closed due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for using the WPMU Community!

Best,

Kimberly

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking in to see if this ticket is now resolved? As we haven’t heard back, I’m hoping it is and am marking it accordingly, but if you have any questions on this in the future, feel free to re-open it and let us know.

Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey tgr0ss, we nearly missed you here in this ticket as it is marked resolved. :slight_smile:

Can you please apply the above advice, if it is indeed the same issue, and then start a new ticket if you are not successful?

Each installation has it’s own settings so we want make sure we don’t miss anything specific to yours :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• tgr0ss
    • Flash Drive

I understand, i almost started a new thread…

i only get this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/33/9440033/html/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/page-template-custom-login.php:7) in /home/content/33/9440033/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 881

When I go back to the signin page after i am signed in – Doesn’t matter if membership is active or not, so I’m not really sure if me posting in this thread tagged for the membership plugin is really relevant.. I don’t think many people would manually hit that page again, but still it’s an error that I rather not have:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.