Get rid of branding

Is there a way to turn off the message:

Easily get updates, support, and one-click WPMU DEV plugin/theme installations right from in your dashboard - install the free WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Its on a client site that I'm just using one plugin and when I hand it over to them, I don't want them to think they're missing something or need to upgrade.

Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

It depends on the plugin you're using, you would need to remove the call from the plugin code.

When you install the Dashboard plugin it locks into your account, so they wouldn't be able to see it. But later if they need updates you can simply log in and do those for them without them even knowing, You could even offer that as a service and charge for it.

If you do install the plugin then you can also use the DEV branding constant to ensure that if they were to log in with your account they still wouldn't see it. You'd use this in your wp-config file:

define(‘WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING’, true);

Still if you'd rather not install it, then please tell me which plugin you installed and I'll let you know where the code is to remove it.

Take care.