Getting a permission denied/configuration failed

Can't restore managed snapshot. Getting a permission denied/configuration failed. Having an issue on multiple sites I'm trying to migrate from one host to another.

Warning: ZipArchive::extractTo(/tmp/si_test/snapshot_manifest.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxx/public_html/snapshot-installer.php on line 802
  • Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi, kyle_tennyson,

I have checked the chat conversation and I hope, I'm not missing anything. If I do, please let me know.

In your chat, you asked, "Does it matter if I preload all plugins and themes?".
    Did you mean that if it's okay if you already set up a WordPress site and install plugins and themes before restoring the Managed Backup? Actually, it's suggested that you restore the Managed Backup in a clean root directory and clean database as Managed Backup is a cloned backup of your source site. So everything available in your source site will exactly be the same as the target site after restoring.

Also, permission error can happen due to wrong ownership of the directory. I'm not confirming that this is the case here, but can you please contact your host and make sure that your apache user is the owner of your "public_html" directory recursively?

I wanted to try to restore the backup file but as I saw other WordPress files in the target root directory, I didn't proceed.

Can you please let us know the answers to the questions above? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• kyle_tennyson
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have root access to the server. It's a VPS that I own. I've set up all accounts on the server the exact same although if you can tell me where to check to make sure the apache user is owner of the public_html folder.

I have removed the current install. I tried running the script although still received the same error.

• kyle_tennyson
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Do I need to change the owner of the backup file by any chance? It was an a different hosted account. moderntechliving was on a shared host and a addon domain with a redirect to a specific folder. The same login was used for several websites on that account.
    Now I have a totally separate account for this domain. I'm just wondering what might need to change because of that?

• kyle_tennyson
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Please disregard. Was able to fix the issue on my end for all sites.

One thing to note, I recreated all hosting accounts that were having issues and gave them different (shorter) account login names.

This was the only thing I did different for moderntechliving.com

Rather than a cpanel account moderntechliving, it was changed to mdtech and ran without a hitch.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.