Getting an error after I Installed the plugin

Here's the error I keep getting when I click to look at the item I have listed:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/70/8951570/tmp/sess_t835qk66qcuao9217erhvk6hd3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/70/8951570/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 837

How can I fix this? thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings sky7591,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Are you running WordPress MultiSite and/or Buddy Press?

The error you gave is quite bizarre, it has two different paths to the home directory:

/var/chroot/home/content/70/8951570/tmp/sess_t835qk66qcuao9217erhvk6hd3, O_RDWR

The first thing to check is the path above and make sure that the tmp directory exists and is permission-ed at least 755 if not 777. Test first at 755 and if that does not work try with 777.

Please let me know how it works out.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• tonihamel
    • Flash Drive

mine also says this

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/chroot/home/content/49/2115249/tmp/sess_gqgm77o03bhshpcabmvq131db1, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0
  • Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

@sky7591 and @tonihamel

I tried out the plugin myself and I wasn't able to re-create the issue.

Toni - Can you please share the file and let us know where you uploaded it for the benefit of @sky7591 ?

I am gonna mark this thread as resolved for now. But you can always open it up again for another discussion.

Looking forward from Toni,

Arun Basil Lal

• tonihamel
    • Flash Drive

All I did was created a blank txt file in notepad, pasted the line of code above on where to look for the tmp directory saved it as php5.ini and ftp'd it to the root directory of the site. Hit refresh and the issue was resolved. It is not a plugin issue but a web hosting issue from what I understand. I'm thinking it has something to do with godaddy hosting.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.