Getting an error message trying to access Appearance > Header

On one of my subsites, when logged in as that user (not super admin), an error message is generated when clicking on the Header or Background links under Appearance. All other links in the dashboard work fine.

"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this admin page."

When I'm logged in as Super Admin, I don't get the message.

Can you please take a look or tell me how to fix? I will grant access.

Thanks, Joe.

• joejacobson

Hi Jude,

I already had installed a different plugin called Menu Editor. I have been using it for at least a year and didn't have any problems, but maybe all this time I was not aware that the link to edit the header or background never worked. Or, could it be that with the WordPress updates and the Customizer addition, that something is not jibing with my plugin?

You said in your last response that my site was slow so you couldn't actually look into my back end. Would you mind trying again? I played with different permissions as you suggested, and all the other links work except the header and background.

If I can't get this to work, maybe I need to try your suggested plugin.

I am granting access again.

Thanks, Joe.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @joejacobson, my apologies for the delay here!

Given that I'd need to take a peek using both your super admin user, as well as the normal admin user, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include WordPress subsite admin access details (username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password) - in case an even deeper look is needed
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site (e.g. the subsite in question)

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.