Getting an error when I try to install and activate MULTI-DB plugin.

I have a Wordpress Multisite (current Wordpress version) and I installed several WPMUDEV plugins.

Pro Sites
Membership
Support
Domain Mapping
and
Multi-DB

When I am trying to activate Multi-DB (and added the line to the wp-config.php file), it then displayed a message saying it would try to repair the database and please be patient since it could take a while.

So, after maybe 20 minutes or more, I tried to refresh the page since it was still displaying this message.

It then changed to say:

Warning: require_once(../../wp-load.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wbfw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php on line 14

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../wp-load.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php:disappointed:home/wbfw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-access-manager/module/:disappointed:home/wbfw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-access-manager/view/phpQuery/phpQuery/:disappointed:home/wbfw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-access-manager/view/phpQuery/phpQuery/plugins/') in /home/wbfw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multi-db/fix-db-encoding.php on line 14

I then couldn't log into the Wordpress Installation so I needed to delete the Plugin folder from my Wordpress installation.

Why can't I get this to work? Do you know what might be wrong? I don't have any issues with any other plugins.

Thanks,
Gary