getting error message when updating plugins

Hi,
We're receiving this error message when updating plugins on a site. can you please tell me what's causing this/?

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin Contact Form 7 (1/2)

Contact Form 7 updated successfully. Show Details.

Updating Plugin Flickr Justified Gallery (2/2)

Flickr Justified Gallery updated successfully. Show Details.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/spencey7/public_html/rockdaledemocrats.org/wp-includes/update.php on line 119

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/spencey7/public_html/rockdaledemocrats.org/wp-includes/update.php on line 295

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home/spencey7/public_html/rockdaledemocrats.org/wp-includes/update.php on line 457
All updates have been completed.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

Hope you're having a great weekend.

The last message there says they all completed, did they?

The error:

Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.)

This is usually a connection error, but when that occurs it prevents downloads/updates. Blocking the connection can be anything from another plugin, theme, firewall on the server, and even the DNS.

If you're not able to update then are you able to check for plugin and theme conflicts first:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

After that I'd try using Googles DNS, that works on one server I've seen the issue occur with.

If it is updating, you could disable debugging in your wp-config.php:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Let me know how you get on.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.