Getting Error posting to API: 500 Internal Server Error

On a site, we keep getting the following error when running Smush.
Error posting to API: 500 Internal Server Error

Logs and access information have been included in the internal ticket.

Thanks in advance.

• patricia
    • New Recruit

Hi folks

Ok so it was working for a few days but now it is being squirrelly again. First off it takes a really long time for the smush pro page to load at all and then when I click bulk optimize the wheel starts spinning but the counter never moves from 0% and if i leave it for a while it will eventually spit out an error

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi patricia

It might sometimes get a bit faster or a bit slower, depending on how much "load" does it have at the time. By "load" I mean in this case how big is the "queue" and how many images are being currently smushed. The process might also get slower or timeout if there's a temporary "heavy load" on your server (e.g. when there's a sudden spike of traffic or for some reason server goes down or is slightly overloaded/close to reaching resource limits).

I'd say, if something like that happens once in a while it's always best to wait a bit and try again and if it gets back to normal, it should be ok. If the "non working status" maintains for longer - a day or a couple of days - then it's something that we might actually need to look into. Keep an eye on this, please, and keep us updated in case it happens again.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.