getting error: "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page" - SmartCrawl and Dashboard

Hi Team.

I'm getting the following error when I attempt to access the WordPress dashboard: "Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page."

I've deactivated all plugins and have narrowed it down to two WPMUDEV plugins: SmartCrawl and the WPMU DEV Dashboard. I have several other WPMUDEV plugins that all activate without error.

• Content Monitor
• Domain Mapping
• Easy Blogging
• Fundraising
• Global Site Search
• Jobs and Experts
• Moderation
• Post Indexer
• Recent Global Posts Widget
BREAKS - SmartCrawl
• Ultimate Branding
BREAKS - WPMU DEV Dashboard

Please help!

Thank you!

for site: http://nusd.org/

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Todd,

I tested my Multisite with WPMU DEV and SmartCrawl enabled and I could not replicate problem.
    On what particular pages do you see that issue?
    Does it shows when you have only WPMU DEV and SmartCrawl enabled? Or one of those two?
    Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Todd Walker

Ok, I went back to double check if I originally tested having ONLY smartcrawl or dashboard activated. as suspected, I hadn't tried that yet. with no other plugins active, they activated and worked just fine. I then went back and one-by-one activated each plugin starting with the most essentials to the least needed.. I found the it was the "WPFW - Menus Management" plugin from codecanyon that was conflicting.

I've granted access now through the dashboard plugin. Now that we know it's not the WPMUDEV plugins, would you still be willing to investigate what might be causing a conflict with the other plugin. It has to be a conflict between these specific plugins because activating that plugin alone does not cause the error.

Also, I can't find any version notation for that other plugin so i don't even know if it needs an update. I'll try simply replacing it with whatever is freshly downloaded from Codecanyon.

Thanks again!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Todd,

It doesn't look like site for this plugin exist anymore, but good new is that I think I have contact to developer of that plugin and we can investigate with him the issue that plugin is causing.
    I send him a message so I can get a copy of the plugin and test in my environment and see what is reason for that conflict.
    It might be that this plugin is no longer compatible with new WordPress :slight_frown: - but I will know soon more and let you know.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Todd,

It doesn't look like site for this plugin exist anymore, but good new is that I think I have contact to developer of that plugin and we can investigate with him the issue that plugin is causing.
    I send him a message so I can get a copy of the plugin and test in my environment and see what is reason for that conflict.
    It might be that this plugin is no longer compatible with new WordPress :slight_frown: - but I will know soon more and let you know.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.