Getting error with Genesis theme for Events page

HI I am Genesis theme (News) - I get the an error when I go to events page:

Warning: include(/home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/genesis/archive.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 43

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/genesis/archive.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:disappointed:usr/lib/php:disappointed:usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/template-loader.php on line 43

Can you pls help?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey drishtikone, hope you are well.

Both the errors are failures to open a folder or file. This usually suggests that the there is either a permissions or ownership issue or that the files does not exist.

Can you please check all folder and file permissions are correct for your system. Usually 644 for files and 755 for folders.

If they are all correct then perhaps try uploading all the files again.

Both of those errors don't suggest the Events page though, so this is only when accessing an events page?

If you use the default Twenty Eleven theme, do the pages then work as expected?

Let me know.

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.