Getting Errors when try to update or install plugins

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home3/donaldf/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 120

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home3/donaldf/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 267

Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) in /home3/donaldf/public_html/wp-includes/update.php on line 407
is error gettign when update or install pllugins on my one site
How woudl I fix this?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Donald

I hope you had a great weekend!

There could be many reasons for that warning.

But first, is the site where you are getting that warning a separate WordPress install on a sub-domain you added in cPanel?

If so, please check under Settings > General that the site URL is correctly entered.

Or is it on a sub-site you added to your multisite network?

Also you may to check with your host to ensure that php and curl are up to date.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Donald

Ouch!

I just tried to visit wiki.immortalitygames.net and get redirected to immortalitygames.net/wp-signup.php?new=wiki

It seems that would tend to indicate a mix of www and non-www URLs in htaccess, wp-config and/or DNS settings.

Also, double-check that your wildcard sub-domain is set up correctly at your host.

You can review the recommended network settings for your install in your network admin under Settings > Network Setup.

• Donald
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Well this is weird I left for awhile and came back started reenabling plugins and so far working lol
    Give me a few to setup and if run into more headaches as go Ill respond back
    Never had so many issues with wordpress as this time, maybe frustration was gettign best of me lol

• Donald

[13-Feb-2014 02:47:51] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_blogs_subdomain_base() in /home3/donaldf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/register.php on line 215

• Donald

[13-Feb-2014 02:55:58] WordPress database error Table 'donaldf_immortality.wp_domain_mapping' doesn't exist for query SELECT domain FROM wp_domain_mapping WHERE blog_id = 1 ORDER BY id ASC made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), do_action('template_redirect'), call_user_func_array, bp_template_redirect, do_action('bp_template_redirect'), call_user_func_array, bp_screens, do_action('bp_screens'), call_user_func_array, bp_core_screen_signup, bp_core_redirect, wp_safe_redirect, wp_validate_redirect, apply_filters('allowed_redirect_hosts'), call_user_func_array, domain_map->allowed_redirect_hosts
    [13-Feb-2014 02:56:08] WordPress database error Table 'donaldf_immortality.wp_domain_mapping' doesn't exist for query SELECT domain FROM wp_domain_mapping WHERE blog_id = 1 ORDER BY id ASC made by check_admin_referer, wp_get_referer, wp_validate_redirect, apply_filters('allowed_redirect_hosts'), call_user_func_array, domain_map->allowed_redirect_hosts

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.