Getting errors when trying to execute the move-blogs.php file

I used the directions on the screen for the plugin but when I execute the move-blogs.php I get the following error:

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/sff/public_html/wp-content/scripts/move-blogs.php on line 140

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, string given in /home/sff/public_html/wp-content/scripts/move-blogs.php on line 141

The only part of the set up that I wasn't quite sure on was the part where I put the new db. This may be where I am going wrong.

I created a database called site and that holds my main wordpress mu files. So its sff_site

I then created 16 new databases sff_0 through sff_9 and then sff_a through sff_f and then sff_global

This is what I have in my move-blogs.php

$dbname = "sff_site";  //This is your current database
$blog_table_prefix = 'wp_';  //Prefix of your wpmu blog tables, most likely this won't need to be changed
$newdb_prefix = 'sff_';  //This is the prefix of the db's you're moving your tables into - we assume they are all the same, if not, you're in trouble

When I first go to the http://www.sitesforfaith.com/wp-content/scripts/move-blogs.php under the New DB column it says sff_global

Now that I have ran the move-blogs.php and gotten the error, the site won't come up. I know I can go in and delete the files for the multi-db plugin but I wanted to wait to see what I am doing wrong before I go any further.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings susanshrop,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Multi-DB plugin.

This will take significant digging into to figure out what is going on there and which will more then likely require digging into the site and looking over every item within.

I do see that the installation is currently throwing an internal 500 server error.

The next thing for me to do is find out what we are working with there:

WordPress 3.5.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.6.4?
    Which is the theme name?
    What is the size of the Multi DB you are trying to create? i.e. 16, 256?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• susanshrop
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It's a multisite with the most recent Wordpress install
    I am using the default theme, I actually just set it up
    The databases are unlimited

I really believe it is something in that move-blogs.php info
    I have checked and all my database connection info is correct as far as username and password.

My main question is do I have the databases set up correctly? I have a main database called sff_site and the other 16 I set up are sff_0 through sff_f with an sff_global

They all have the same user and password

What should the part of the code for the move-blogs.php be? Do I have that correct?

When it runs the move-blogs.php it says sff_global for the database where it says table exists?

I used Shardb before when I set up another multisite and that is how I had the databases set up.

• susanshrop
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I figured out a way around it I guess. I put my main wordpress install in the global database. I still get the error warnings when I run the move-blogs.php file but it did set it up and when I create a new site it shuffles around where it installs them.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.