Getting Events+ to appear on my site

This is a silly question I am sure but I have installed the Events + plugin and created an event but do not know how to make the events page show up on my site? Is there short-code? Have I missed an installation step? I thought I followed it all to the letter.

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi marshagoldcoast,

There are multiple ways to show Events on your site.

To get started, the very first setting on Events+ Settings is the slug (perhaps /events ). This is a slug where your Events are shown (ie. use mysite.com/events )

See the Usage page for the plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

You can also use permalink to an Event.

Further down on the Settings page there are numerous addons for the Events+ plugin. Several of these are able to show Events in various ways such as a widget, a shortcode to the next upcoming Event (dynamic), a weekly calendar etc.

Hope this gets you started :slight_smile:
    Cheers
    Mort3n

• marshagoldcoast
    • New Recruit

Thanks Mort3n and Joe. I'll look into my permalink settings but I know I left the slug as default (/events) but when I went to the page it came up as a 404 error. I was able to embed a widget and could access the event I had created that way and I had success with inserting the weekly calendar short code on a new page when I found that (thanks too for pointing out the other shortcode options). Will let you know how I go. The site is on a sub-domain so I hope that isn't causing issues.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings marshagoldcoast,

Thank you for your additional input and it very well may be that the sub site can be causing the issue considering the last line of network installations in the WordPress codex: You cannot choose Sub-directory Install (for a path-based network) if your existing WordPress installation has been set up for more than a month, due to issues with existing permalinks.

Reference: http://codex.wordpress.org/Before_You_Create_A_Network --> Last paragraph on the page

This is supposed to be worked out in the upcoming WordPress version 3.5 due to be released in the next few days.

Keep us posted in any event and thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.