Getting Extended profiles working with Membershp

I have searched for hours to try to understand how to properly use the extended / custom profile fields in Buddypress but I am still puzzled.

I need to know:
- How to I get all the custom profile fields I create in Buddypress to show on the register and members page and have this data to be properly stored in the database?

And I would also like to know:
- If it would be possible to have a drop-down list with the different profile field sections that the registering user can choose from, eg. the user could choose what type of member he/she would like to become (eg. private member, company, organisation…) and depending on what he chose from the drop-down menu, a different profile field / register page would appear. So if they selected a special type of member, the Membership plugin would charge them to access those additional fields.

Many thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings Anthony,

Thank you for these significant questions, they are appreciated.

How to I get all the custom profile fields I create in Buddypress to show on the register and members page and have this data to be properly stored in the database?

Unfortunately I have no idea and we do not have a member of the Buddy Press support or developer team on the WPMU Dev team - therefore other then referring you to the Buddy Press forums my hands are tied and I apologize that i do not know the answer myself - but one can't know everything.

In addition this is clearly not part of and far from the scope of our support mandate and custom coding.

However, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Or you could always approach someone like Tweaky:

https://www.tweaky.com/

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.