Getting Facebook API

I need help finding the API on Facebook so I can activate Ultimate Facebook for my website. I am not a developer, so even though I’ve logged into facebook developer page I do not see anyway to find my API. There tutorials that I’ve seen show a screen that does not come up when I click on the proper links. Please help. -Ryun

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ryun,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

I need help finding the API on Facebook so I can activate Ultimate Facebook for my website.

This should be done within the Ultimate Facebook plugin itself with the links contained therein.

Within the site admin dashboard go to Facebook –> Facebook Settings –> Facebook API is the first entry section with the applicable links and instructions to Facebook as required.

This step must be completed before using the plugin. You must make a Facebook Application to continue etc. etc.

That should get you on your way to getting this to work, but if not mark this ticket as unresolved and post as to what the issue or issues may be.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• cgooderham2
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe:

I thought of that too…

No, no pop up blocker. I’m using Safari and Firefox on OS 10.7.5. Didn’t work on either of these browsers.

In fact, I just tried Chrome and here’s what happened

http://cl.ly/KugH

And I’ve cleared my cookies. Still nada.

So, recap. In the Facebook settings of the plugin, under the API setup, (yes the most important first step) I clicked the “create a Facebook application” and a new tab opens to the Facebook login screen. After logging in, i.e. clicking submit at the login screen, I just get redirect loops and nothing loads.

Any other thoughts?

Chris

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for the additional input which is certainly appreciated in our effort to figure this out.

Can you try this – log into Facebook account as usual and then once logged in without closing the tab, in another tab same browser please copy the URL and see if it brings it up as it does for me: https://www.facebook.com/developers

If the API information comes up – great and now we will want to go back and see if you still get the same original issue.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we’ve not heard from you in a while.

If you’re still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.