Getting Full Posts On Home Page (multiple BP themes)

Hi, I’m using multiple themes (business feature, portfolio, etc.) and I’d like to display full posts (with formatting included) on the home page.

Is this possible with any of these BP themes? Or, if not with these themes, any others?

Thanks!

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

All depends on how you want to show full and which theme. Most of our themes have front page sections to show various other information. However you can just show posts by removing the home.php and making in index.php or the loop (depending on theme again) it use the_content not the_excerpt. It’s hard to be general but a good point is removing home.php.

• mylinkclub
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@tammie – thanks a ton, you got me on the right track. However, I can;t figure out how to get the index.php to display the full post instead of excerpt. I’m using “business feature” on the blog I’m testing these changes out on.

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hiya mylinkclub,

Per your request in the chat area I searched through the files with Tammie’s notes in mind and found the excerpt functions as well as the content functions. To get the full posts in your homepage rather than the excerpts, you’ll find the following changes should suffice.

On Line 11 you’ll see the following:

<?php bp_wpmu_excerptloop(); ?>

Change that to:

<?php bp_wpmu_single_loop(); ?>

On Line 14, you’ll see the following:

<?php wpmu_excerptloop(); ?>

Change that to:

<?php wpmu_single_loop(); ?>

Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.