Getting popup to work - Hustle Opt-in

I have set up Hustle on this site. Here is what I am experiencing. In Firefox, it will not popup on the main screen but displays at the bottom of EVERY page. In Internet Explorer, it pops up but is below the readable area and scrolling does not display all of it and it displays on each page. In Chrome, it popups correctly but also displays at the bottom of each page.

I assume maybe I have the settings wrong which is at least part of the problem. I am working hard to supply this functionality to my client and need an aswer as quickly as possible.

Please respond soon and thank you!

• Rupok

Hi Anna Sue,

In Firefox, it will not popup on the main screen but displays at the bottom of EVERY page

Thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and checked PopUp display conditions. I was already logged in with Support Access, so it was supposed to show me Popup. So I went to your homepage in Firefox and surprisingly the PopUp appeared fine without any issue. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.
    http://take.ms/ORluk

So if it doesn't show in your Firefox, I think this is your browser specific issue. Can you please try clearing all cache and cookies from your firefox and try again? If that doesn't help, can you please try disabling all extensions from your firefox? I believe your issue will be resolved.

In your configuration, "After Content" and "Slide In" was also selected. That's why it was appearing at the bottom of every page. I've disabled "After Content" and "Slide In" from your newsletter and now the subscription box is not appearing on your site. Can you please check and confirm?

In Internet Explorer, it pops up but is below the readable area and scrolling does not display all of it and it displays on each page

My colleague James Morris just tested this in IE but it also appears fine in IE. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

It's not appearing below the readable area. Can you please provide a screenshot of how it appears on your IE? That will help us to understand the issue you are having. And if we are clear about the issue, we can give you better suggestion to fix it.

Please let us know how all these go. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Note: Support Access got expired somehow while I was checking your configuration. So I extended this for 5 more days. If you want, you can revoke Support Access now but I think we will need Support Access until this issue is resolve. So I'll request you to keep this open.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Anna Sue,

However, now it doesn't popup anywhere in any browser. I have cleared my cache.

You have set in conditions that popup shows for logged in visitors and "Close button acts as 'Never see this message again' link" option is checked.
    I logged in now to your site and see popup without problem. If you clicked close button before that might be reason you don't see it (removing cookies should let you see that again).

Additionally, if I go into Pages and edit the individual pages automatically created such as Pie-Register-Login, and the others and I click on the permalink, only the Profile link takes me to that page. The other three take me to the home page.

Could you provide more information here? I'm not sure how it is related to Hustle options. Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi Anna Sue,

If a person has already registered, I don't want him to ever see the popup again

I'm sorry but I'm a little bit confused here. By saying "If a person has already registered", do you mean visitors who are registered on your WordPress site as users (who have username and password to login in your site)? If yes, then you can hide the popup from your registered users by adding "Visitor Not Logged In" condition. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

When someone logins, that means he is a registered user. So the popup won't be shown to him if you add this condition.

But if you mean, you want to hide the popup from visitors who have already *subscribed* by entering his name email etc. , then let me give you an example. Suppose, someone visited your site from his browser and entered your email address and subscribe. So if this condition was applied, then the popup won't appear in his browser anymore as he has already subscribed. Now what if a second person uses his computer or that browser and comes to your site? The second person will not see any popup to be subscribed. So you are loosing a potential subscriber.

However, if you still want to make this work, then you should put a checkmark on "Close button acts as 'Never see this message again' link" this option and save. In this case, when someone enters his email address to subscribe, he will click the close button as he is done with subscribing. And as he clicks on the close button, he won't see that popup again.

Since there is no way to set a password with your software, how would he ever be logged in?

Please note, with Hustle PopUp, you can't make your users *registered* on your site as WordPress users. With Hustle, you can get email addresses from your visitors and store those email addresses in a list so you can send them newsletters or any other content you want. And they provide their email address to get newsletters or other content to be emailed to them. So they actually *subscribes* to your newsletter by entering information, not *registers*.

If you want to show a popup to your users to give them option to *register* as a user on your site, can you please follow the instructions provided in this reply? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-show-the-login-page-in-a-popup#post-879141

This will help you to create a popup through which your users can register on your site with username and password and then can login later.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Anna Sue

Quote from Support:

However, if you still want to make this work, then you should put a checkmark on "Close button acts as 'Never see this message again' link" this option and save. In this case, when someone enters his email address to subscribe, he will click the close button as he is done with subscribing. And as he clicks on the close button, he won't see that popup again.

I have both Close button... and Never see... checked but the popup comes up each time I reload the page and I have clicked on the X.

• Nithin

Hi Anna Sue,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I have both Close button... and Never see... checked but the popup comes up each time I reload the page and I have clicked on the X.

I checked the frontend of your website, and I wasn't able to replicate your issue, the popup doesn't load once I click the X button. Is it related to logged in users? Do you have any cache plugin enabled? If yes, please clear the cache. Also, please clear you browser cache, and test whether you are able to get the same result in a different browser too.

If you still have issues, please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Anna Sue

I have another issue. When a person registers and clicks on the "Click Here" link to get to the download page, the software is changing MY link of http://www.getegohelpnow.org/wp/order-the-free-e-book/ to the url WITHOUT the http:// and it gives a page not found error. I have tried it without that in the software and NOTHONG works!

This client is DESPERATE to have this site running and to announce it and this plugin is preventing that from happening.

PLEASE give me answers as quickly as possible.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Anna Sue,

Please enable support access to your site so we can investigate that issue.

I have another issue. When a person registers and clicks on the "Click Here" link to get to the download page, the software is changing MY link of http://www.getegohelpnow.org/wp/order-the-free-e-book/ to the url WITHOUT the http:// and it gives a page not found error. I have tried it without that in the software and NOTHONG works!

Removing http should not result in 404 error like on your site. Are you sure that this is caused by Hustle plugin? If you disable it that error goes away?
    I could really tell more what is happening there when I can see it on your site. But for that I have to ask for support access.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hey Anna Sue,

The issue seems to be related to your page status, it's marked as private, and hence the page will only load for admins. Please correct that, and check whether it works fine.

If that's not the case, and if I had missed out anything, please do fill me in, and will make sure to get back to asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Anna Sue,

As to the first issue, I have cleared the browser cache multiple times and also tried all 3 browsers. I get the same results on all.

I think, I missed this part. Sorry about that. You meant the popup appears after the page load, even when you click the close button? I tested this in Firefox, and Chrome but I wasn't able to replicate this, once I close the popup, it doesn't load for me. I asked one of my colleague to test this, and even he wasn't able to replicate this issue.

Could you please try removing the current Displaying condition, and check whether you still have the issue?

If you are still having issue, is it possible that you could create a screencast of the exact issue, and share the link in your next reply, so that I could check what I'm missing. Sorry to keep this thread long, please do let us know how that goes.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Anna Sue,

How can I keep this page hidden unless a person has registered?

By default Hustle only adds the visitors email, and other details to the mailing list when a visitor signups the form. Did you meant that to keep the page hidden, and only show once visitor signs up? If yes, I'm afraid there isn't any such out of the box settings available in the plugin, this would require custom coding.

If your website allows user registration, you could enable the popup for logged in users, and make use of a plugin like: https://wordpress.org/plugins/hide-this/

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Anna Sue

Is there a way to delete or edit the list of people who have registered? We ended up with a lot of fake entries due to the testing process.

Also, I was told the reason I cannot get to the registration, login, forgot password pages is that I am logged in. You need to adjust your software so that if someone clicks on these links, a message comes up like, "You are already registered and logged in."

• Nithin

Hi Anna Sue,

Is there a way to delete or edit the list of people who have registered? We ended up with a lot of fake entries due to the testing process.

Hustle doesn't have any control over to delete, or edit the list, the plugin provides a way to add the subscribers to the email service. The users are added to the email service mailing list that you have configured in the plugin, I could see you have configured with ConstantContact. You'll have to remove it from the ConstantContact mailing list by logging to their service.

Also, I was told the reason I cannot get to the registration, login, forgot password pages is that I am logged in. You need to adjust your software so that if someone clicks on these links, a message comes up like, "You are already registered and logged in."

I'm not exactly sure whether I follow you, which link you are talking about? At the moment, you have configured the popup to redirect to a page, once a users subscribers. Hustle only comes with options to configure display conditions out of the box, you can either set the popup to display while logged in, or logged out, or by selecting other displaying condition as seen in the screenshot:

I hope this helps. Please advise if I had missed out anything. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Anna,

There's no issue with your WPMU DEV account, I was referring to support access that is granted from WPMU DEV Dashboard panel, this access is limited to 5 days and after that it needs to be regranted in order for us to access your site. :slight_smile:

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Anna,

This issue doesn't seem related to Hustle as the same thing happens when it's disabled.

There are some console errors showing up in your console and it seems like those are related to YouTube so I would suggest temporary removing YT videos from home page to see if that's indeed the issue.

While I was checking your site I also noticed some typos in Custom CSS field so I cleared those up for you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Anna Sue!

I checked your site and the menu doesn't expand because the child theme that you are using is not "compatible" with navigation.js script of the Spacious theme.

You are using a basic child theme of your Spacious Pro theme that includes only the basic style.css file and a customized header.php file.

The menu is printed out to the screen from the "header.php" file. In your child theme inside the "header.php" file there is this line:

<p class="menu-toggle"><?php _e( 'Menu', 'spacious' ); ?></p>

It is responsible for showing the "menu toggle" - that "Menu" button that should expand after clicking on smaller screens. This line should however be different and instead of "<p>" tag it should use "<h3>" tag like this:

<h3 class="menu-toggle"><?php _e( 'Menu', 'spacious' ); ?></h3>

This is because the "navigation.js" file that contains JavaScript that's responsible for showing/hiding the menu upon click is searching specifically for "<h3>" tag so if there's any other tag in that place, that script simply is not fired up and doesn't expand the menu.

To solve this please edit the "header.php" file of your child theme and make the change as described above. The menu should start working again.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Anna Sue!

I admit I'm a bit lost. Are you now referring to the Hustle or to other part of your site? Can you please specify what do you mean exactly?

Just for future reference: it would be really great if you could keep separate issues (like here was Hustle and then menu etc) in separate threads and try to keep them as consistent and specific as possible. We always encourage our Members to ask questions that way because it helps us respond faster and better and helps other members to find information in case they were experiencing similar issues.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Rupok

Hi Anna Sue,

I went to your site and could see the issue in action. Can you please tell us on which section did you change the time for "Automatically hide message after" option? That option is available for "Slide In" but you are using "Pop Up" on your site, so I'm a bit confused here.

And the "Automatically hide message after" option hides the slide in if no action is taken after defined time period. That doesn't set for how long your success message will be displayed. And I'm afraid, there is no native way to control the duration of success message showing. However, this seems to be a nice option to me. So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

As you want to show the success message for longer, you can try a different workaround. That is using Hustle shortcode in our PopUp Pro plugin popup. In that way, you should be creating a PopUp normally and then use Hustle opt-in shortcode in the content area. So your opt-in form will be shown inside that popup. And after submitting the form, it won't close automatically like it does in Hustle popup.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Anna Sue!

My colleague Rupok meant that with Hustle plugin there's no option to control for how long the success message will be shown the control over the popup display duration is limited.

A workaround worth giving a try would be to install this plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/

You can use it to create a popup to be used instead of the Hustle PopUp. Then, Hustle provides you with a shortcode that you can use anywhere on your site to display its form. That shortcode could be put into the content of a popup created with aforementioned plugin and that should give you better control over popup itself.

As for the e-mails. Could you check the spam folder of your inbox? It's possible that the mails are getting "trapped" there.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Anna Sue!

You don't trigger the popup from PopUp Pro plugin with Hustle. Instead you set the PopUp to show under selected conditions and use a shortcode from the Hustle inside of it.

Having that said, I'm starting to wonder if it is actually a good solution for you after all. I mean: I merely explained Rupok's suggestion but I didn't ask the most fundamental question and I'm sorry for that. The question then would be: what behavior and look exactly would you wish to achieve?

This thread is already very long and it's easy to miss vital information so please describe step by step what should show up on your site, where it should be showing up, what are specific condiotions/requirements that has to be met etc. Some rough sketches/drawnings could also help.

I'm asking this to better understan the goal and see if I can provide you with a simple ready to implement solution instead of "wandering around" the core of an issue. I hope that makes sense.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Nithin

Hi Anna Sue,

The problem I have with the display - at least on my pc - is that the fields are not lined up with the names of the fields. See http://www.getegohelpnow.org/sign_up_capture.jpg

I'm afraid, the link to the above image is returning 404 error. So, I'm not sure what's the exact issue here. You can see the popup appears fine in Chrome while I tested this, are you having issue with all the browsers? or any specific ones?

As to the conditions, ideally, I'd like for it to appear anytime someone has NOT registered as it isn't hooked to whether they've commented or logged in. Of course, if they dismiss it, it goes away permanently.

Doesn't Visitor not logged in condition works for you? It would only make the Popup appear for non-logged users? Could you please try using that condition and see whether that helps?

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could help get you sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Anna,

Yes, I can get it to do that but NO ONE will ever be logged in after registering because the form does not require them to enter a username;

There is no way of checking if user is registered on your site without them login.

form does not require them to enter a username; therefore, EVERY time the same person comes to the site, it is going to pop up.

I'm bit confused here - are you referring to form in Hustle? That is not registration form. It is subscription form for newsletter. They are not registering to site, they became subscribers to a newsletter list (locally or for one of the available services in Hustle).
    Please advise.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Anna Sue,

I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with a popup plugin that will do all of the above. :slight_frown:

Allow a graphic in the popup?
    Collect name and email?

We do have Popup plugin that will allow you to add pretty much anything in the content, including graphics and shortcodes.
    You can then use Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, or any other form plugin that uses shortcodes and collect name and email that way.

Redirect user to a different page on the site?

I'm not sure about this part though, are you looking to have a button inside popup that will redirect to different page or you want it to redirect after name and email submission?

Allow me to set how long the Click Here message displays?

This would be the trickiest part and only solution I can think of is coding a custom script that will hide the message after certain time, something like this for example:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/683363/jquery-autohide-element-after-5-seconds

Best regards,
    Predrag