Getting Started

I purchased the system last week and still am a bit confused about how to get started. Can anyone provide me a link to starting steps to work with you guys in regards to support, dashboard and plugins?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Hatchman

I hope you are well today.

It seems you have the support figured out :slight_smile: To open a new support ticket, login to your account here, click "Ask A Question" enter your title, choose your topic, so say if it's a about a plugin issue choose that, then a new sub menu will appear choose the specific plugin from that list, describe your problem in the box below that, providing as much detail as possible, i.e, wordpress version, single install or multisite install etc (providing detail helps us resolve your threads quicker). The just click submit :slight_smile:

You can download the WPMU DEV dashboard, usage instructions can be found here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/#usage
    If you have installed a plugin on WordPress before this works in the same way, just download the zip file, then go to your wordpress dashboard > plugins > add new >upload. then choose the file, click install, once it's installed, you'll see a text link that says activate click that. Now that's activated, you'll need to sign in with your WPMU DEV login info to connect that to your API key which enables you to install the plugins and themes directly from the WPMU DEV dashboard in your WordPress admin, this also provides automatic updates/one click updates.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Hatchman

Ok, I am fairly familiar with wordpress. I have dug into the code and have been a programmer for a long time. Because the plugin world of wordpress is large and somewhat chaotic, I purchase your plugin and support. At first thought you guys wrote Buddypress but this is not the case? Anyways, I am looking for guidance on 4 projects that I am working on. They each are going to be built in the multisite platform. There is couple quick question,

Is it possible to use sub domains but if the user has a domain then it replaces the sub domain?

What plugins would you recommend for use with the multisite? Basically I mean working just with the multisite set up. Not plugins that work on the multistie platform.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Hatchman

I hope you are well today :slight_smile:

At first thought you guys wrote Buddypress but this is not the case?

No we didn't write BuddyPress, just great BuddyPress plugins :slight_smile:

Is it possible to use sub domains but if the user has a domain then it replaces the sub domain?

Yes this would be possible, so if your multisite is a sub-domain install, then you can use our Domain Mapping plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/
    This will allow your users to change their domain from theresite.yourdomain.com to theirdomain.com thus giving them what appears like their own site but it's still on your network. It's also worth noting that most WordPress plugins can be downloaded and then uploaded via the WP-admin area. But with this plugin their are additional install steps, please make sure to read the usage tab on the page I linked to, of course if you have any problems setting it up, let us know we're happy to help! :slight_smile:

Could you clarify this question please?

What plugins would you recommend for use with the multisite? Basically I mean working just with the multisite set up. Not plugins that work on the multistie platform.

Are you asking what plugins would add good functionality to a WordPress multisite network or something else?

Theres fantastic tutorials and walk through guides over at https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ if your finding it a bit difficult to find what you need over their, try this on google:

site:wpmu.org enter your search term.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Have a great day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.