Getting started with the Affilates plugin

I am looking for a manual or detailed instructions on the Affiliates plugin. I downloaded the plugin and looked through the "Usage" information but don't know what to do next. I played around with the options but still don't know how to go about signing up affiliates and providing them with links/banners to our site. I am trying to use Affiliates with MarketPress.

• aecnu

Greetings sasmith,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Sorry to hear that your are having trouble figuring it out and I hope to clarify these issues.

In Market Press specifically, once you have network activated the Affiliates plugin, you should be able to now find Affiliate settings in Market Press place where you set the affiliate commissions on sales to be located in the site dashboard --> Products --> Store Settings --> Payments tab --> Affiliate settings section --> enter in desired affiliate commission rate.

Concerning the affiliates back end so to speak, logged into the network admin dashboard go to Affiliates --> Settings --> Affiliate Settings tab insert text and images to include banners as you prefer.

The last piece of the puzzle is the end users. They get their personalized affiliate link for the banner they have chosen or more accurately the banners from which to choose from with embedding code in the site dashboard when logged in going to --> Users --> Affiliate Banners and there is another section available to them tracking their referrals.

Please advise if the above clarifies usage and enables you to administer your affiliate program.

Cheers, Joe

• sasmith

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the response. I am using a specialized login/registration plugin that I believe is hiding the links for the users to get their affiliate banners. I finally found a manual way around that. My remaining question is regarding the integration with MarketPress. Other than activating the MarketPress Addon, what do I need to do to have user affiliates receive credit for purchases made on our site? Is there any MarketPress - > Affiliates integration documentation?

Regards,
    sasmith

• aecnu

Greetings sasmith,

Thank you for your additional input and question.

MarketPress - > Affiliates integration documentation?

No there is not any documentation at this time that addresses this combination directly, however, you do have it right that there is nothing more to configure one the setting in my last post have been configured, it should be working as anticipated.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings sasmith,

Thank you for the additional question.

The persons purchase should indeed show up in the affiliate reports --> there are three places for them to possibly appear depending on which program you are referring to i.e. Market Press, Membership etc.

One place is in the network admin, another is in the site admin and thirdly in the users admin.

Please advise if you are indeed able to find them and if not what payment gateway did the transaction you mentioned use?

Cheers, Joe