Getting subdomains to resolve....

Hello there,
I am setting up a subdomain for my sites and when I try to load it in a web browser I get the following error message

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_page_permastruct() on a non-object in /home/etrains/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php on line 274

I can access the WP admin control panel and yes I have wildcard DNS set up on my server.

If anyone out there can throw some light on what I'm doing wrong then I surely will appreciate it and probably buy you a cold beer when we meet.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

• swissroller

Hi Doctor Mike,
    I'm new here so thanks for the heads up on protocol.
    I'm not sure on whether mod_rewrite is installed and active or not so I'm going to check that out first.

I'm running WP 3 the and the version of wpmu that ws the latest as of last Friday. Wpmu dev installed the site for me.
    I'm running on a Linux server on Apache...

Thanks for your help I will post here again later today.
    The other problem I'm having is installing the membership plugin and yes I have followed the instructions to the letter so there may be a plugin conflict somewhere.

I guess it's a matter of working backwards until I identify the error and then remedy it.

Thanks again.

PS I'm almost a WPMU virgin and it's a lot more complex than first meets the eye.

• swissroller

Hi Dr. Mike
    yes mod_rewrite is installed and it is as installed by WPMUDEV two weeks ago.

I am now also getting the following error message when I attempt to access the sites tab in Wp-admin

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@e-training-systems.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at e-training-systems.com Port 80

As I said earlier in this thread I will buy a beer or even a brewery if someone can please assist.

Thanks in advance,

• swissroller

Hi Barry,
    here 'tis

text/x-generic .htaccess
    ASCII text

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

#uploaded files
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/$ index.php [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !.*wp-content/plugins.*
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?files/(.*) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?avatar/(.*) wp-content/avatar.php?file=$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*/)?sitemap.xml wp-content/sitemap.php [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/wp-admin$
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ $1/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule . - [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-.*) $2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

<IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off

• Barry

Hmm, am sure those mod_security tags should be closed (though it may be the forum that stripped them, can you check in your file to make sure they are).

A copy I have here has the following:
    <IfModule mod_security.c>
    <Files async-upload.php>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off
    </Files>
    </IfModule>

The rest looks ok, except for the top two lines - which I don't have either so it may be worth removing those and seeing if anything changes :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.