getting suspicious function found message in defender

Hi,
I have support access on for aficreditsolutions.com. In defender I'm getting suspicious function found on several files. Can you please take a look and tell me if it is safe to delete them?

• Pawel
    • Staff

Hello cornelius_butler !

Thank you for contacting us!

I took a look at the File Scanning section of Defender and noticed a couple of issues reported there:

Most importantly, there are entries with "Vulnerability found" - those should be followed as soon as possible - by updating the mentioned plugins.

About the "Suspicious function" entries - those are all files that are parts of plugins on the site and shouldn't be removed. The issue here is, that after taking a look at the contents of the files, I can see some of those detected functions can become security threats also and can allow attackers to gain access to your site.

A solution here would be to notify the authors of those plugins to fix the issues - mostly to add validation to transmitted data.

Kind regards,
    Pawel

• Prathamesh Palve
    • Staff

Hello cornelius_butler,

In this case, you will have to manually check each file. If you see the file location to be inside the wp-contents/plugins/xyz folder then it relates to some plugin. The name of the plugin folder name would be seen instead of XYZ there. For now, if you see all the suspicious codes detected are relating to plugins only.

Though I have now realized it would be great to have an option to segregate weaknesses of the plugins and themes too, I am going to make a suggestion to the team for the same.

If you have any doubts or need any help further, please reply in the thread here and we would be very happy to help you with it.

Thanks,
    Prathamesh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.