Getting WP Defender emails ALL day after update

I have been getting emails non-stop from WP Defender ever since I updated my site this morning. Not sure if somebody is trying to attack my site or it's something more.

https://screencast.com/t/9D4lQv3f

• James Morris

Hello Matt,

I hope you are well today.

The latest version of Defender now has email notifications for lockouts in addition to the previous email reports. You can opt to turn this feature off, but it is likely you are experiencing a higher than normal volume of lockouts.

If you wish to disable these emails, go to Admin -> Defender -> IP Lockouts -> Notifications and select which notifications you wish to disable.

What I have done is setup a filter in my email to group all such email alerts in a folder. This may be a good idea if you wish to keep an archive.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello Matt,

Depending on how popular your site is, yes, you could easily see lockouts every 10min. My little personal blog gets less than 2,000 unique hits a month and still gets hundreds of lockouts every month. Spammers love looking for insecure WordPress sites to drop their links on.

It also depends on a lot of other variables such as the IP of your server, whether it's a shared or dedicated server, whether the domain has been hacked before, whether it's a targeted negative SEO campaign. There's a very large number of reasons why you could see a spike like this. The main thing is that Defender is stopping the malicious activity. That's a great thing! :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.