Gift Aid boolean

Hi! This is a feature / quick hack request...

In the UK, we have something called "Gift Aid", where any taxpayer donating to a charity can make a declaration that will allow the charity to claim tax back on the donation.

I need to allow the user the option, when making a donation, to check a "This donation is Gift Aid" boolean and record this alongside the donation.

I'm assuming this functionality isn't currently in the plugin. What do you recommend as the best way to achieve this just now?

Thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

marcusjwilson

I've done a quick test and it seems I can create a Gift Aid Custom Field using CustomPress that will show on the Dashboard portion of the Donation area, I will ping the developer to see where the best place to embed the code for this would be.

I've tried to find where to use the embed and shortcode in a couple of places, but no luck, I think I would rather the dev opinion on where to put this instead of fishing without any idea

Best,

Kimberly

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Nice Kimberley! Doing your best to save baby pandas one thread at a time I see.

Hey Marcus,

Could you clarify what you need to do with this info and where you need to show it? Is it for each customer or just for your records?

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Marcus,

So displaying additional fields for the person donating is not as easy as the custom press solution Kimberly was showing.

I've made a note here to consider a system that can let you multiple additional fields to display, and I will see how this could be integrated in future releases.

I think in the mean time you might consider using the custom press solution manually to hold on to that information.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.