[Gillie] Header Image Blurry – jpg png

Just created a new super simple header image. It looks great in every program AND in the Upfront backend. But on the regular page, it’s blurry. Tried both png and jpg. No difference. It’s JUST TEXT saved in image format, for heaven’s sake.

Here is a screenshot showing the image as it appears for visitors on the homepage (upper) and how it appears in the Upfront backend.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi ProSapien

Hope you’re doing well.

When you add Image element in Upfront and add image to it, Upfront will resize the image in order to fit it inside that element.

Your logo element has width of 1080 pixels and the image you have linked has a width of4809 pixels.

So when 1080 pixel image is stretched to cover 4809 pixels it will become blurry.

Can you tell us what’s the browser, OS and screen size you’re checking this because image doesn’t look blurry to me when checking on 1920p screen?

Best regards,

Predrag

• ProSapien
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks. I was on live support for a couple of hours last night to fix this. Here is some info:

The header is 1080. My image was (proportionally sized) 4417. So the image was SHRUNK to fit, not stretched.

The other thing to note is that it wasn’t blurry in the BACKEND, only on the FRONT END. So Upfront is doing something in the display that is causing the distortion.

The problem was solved by coding the header to display the original not a new, resized URL.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.