[Gillie] REMOVE FEATURED IMAGE FROM ALL INDIVIDUAL BLOG PAGES AND FROM THE BLOG AGGREGATE PAGE

I us the Gillie theme and want to remove the feature image from the top of each individual blog page. I also want to remove the featured images from the blog aggregate page (the page that shows the last X number of posts). The images always look terrible, so I just want to get rid of them. (I want to keep them on PAGES, because those are very personalized.) Thank you!

For the record, part of the problem is that I am not sure where to find the templates for these pages, then how to edit them in this way.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ProSapien

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

To remove featured images from single posts pages, please open any post in your browser and run Upfront Editor on it (single post page should be displayed and to run Upfront Editor click on "Upfront" link in a top admin toolbar). Once there:

- you should see a featured image for that post and once you hover over it, there should be triangle "Edit Background" icon in the top-right corner of that image
    - click on that icon to enter region settings
    - now in the Upfront sliding tool panel on the left you can:

a) change "Featured Image" in "Background Type" option to something else (e.g. to "Image" in order to put the same "static" image for all the posts)

b) or you can use "Trash Region" button to simply remove it entirely

- if you decide to "Trash Region" you might actually want to add the title to the post as it will be gone in that case; to do this:
    - click on a post content and then on settings (little "gear" icon in top-left corner)
    - check the "Title" check box in the panel on the left (you can also set additional typography parameters there)

Once you got that all set up, click "OK" and then "Update". You will be asked whether to apply changes to All Posts or just This Post - so select "All posts of this type". This way the change will affect all the blog posts as requested. It will not, however, affect, pages - just single blog posts.

As for the blog page (posts list):

- again, open the blog posts list page and run Upfront editor on it
    - enter "Settings" for the post list (the "gear" icon in top left corner, over the bigger image)
    - in Upfront sliding panel switch to "Post Parts Settings" section
    - un-check the checkbox for "Featured Image" option
    - click "OK"
    - click "Update" (it shouldn't ask you about "this page or all pages" but if it does, select "this page only".

I hope that helps,

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi ProSapien

I just tried the first set of instructions. It worked EXCEPT…the title and date are BELOW the blog post content. ??? I can't see a way to put them in the proper place.

Did you manage to sort this part out as I can see that both title and date are both above the post content now?

Also, can you guys PLEASE fix the "another tab is already working on this" bug. It's been around FOREVER. I have NO OTHER TABS or even WINDOWS open in that browser and it still throws the error. I log out and log back in and it still throws the error. So frustrating!

We have this reported to our developers but I'm afraid that I don't have any ETA on the fix at the moment :slight_frown:

I just went through the second set of steps. It KIND OF worked, but it only removed the image box for those posts that HAD a featured image. It still has a big beige box on all the others. I just want a decently formatted list, because any images tend to be distorted.

I've checked around two dozen of your posts and couldn't find any with the featured image box still showing, could you link us one post where this is visible so we can check it out?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• ProSapien

I went on live chat for a number of hours the other day to fix all these. Apparently, though, both problems are still an issue on MOBILE and only fixed on desktop, so if you can help with that, I'd appreciate it!

For the record:

The last item wasn't about posts, it was about the blog list (or blog aggregate) page. But that is resolved now, too.

As for the "other tabs" issue, it has literally been a problem for YEARS. I'm baffled that it's still an issue.

Thanks for responding.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ProSapien

Thanks for the explanation.

I can see those "boxes" on mobile now on a blog page, though I can't replicate that on my site after going through the very same procedure that I recommended before.

Checking the page source code suggests that this is a sort of "placeholder" for "no featured image" but that's, I admit, a bit unexpected. I would like to take a closer look at your site so could you please enable support access to it? To do so, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page in site's back-end and click on "Grant support access" button there, then let me know here.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.