Gillie / Upfront Builder

Hi,
Brand new subscriber, excited to get underway having now watched live Demos for Upfront - and having used until now and loved Visual Composer and enhanced Visual Composer from Artbees (Jupiter) for some time. So please confirming:
1. I can use Upfront Builder Plug-in from scratch in a fresh WP install without installing ANY theme and building my own from there? (Yes/No)?
2. I expect I cannot use Upfront Builder on an non-Upfront theme? Correct (I.e. No)?
3. Perhaps dumb question but did read The Good Support Ticket and searched for 10 mins to no avail, so asking - can I install WP Bakery Visual Composer Plug-In into an Upfront Theme so as to enjoy both Upfront Builder AND Visual Composer?
Thank you,
Rowan

• Nithin

Hi Rowan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

1. I can use Upfront Builder Plug-in from scratch in a fresh WP install without installing ANY theme and building my own from there? (Yes/No)?

Yes, you can install the Upfront Builder plugin from scratch in your WordPress install, and start developing a new website. However, you'll need to have Upfront core active on your site, in order to make use of the Upfront Builder plugin. If you don't want to install an Upfront theme, to activate the plugin, you just have to click the Start Building button, located in Plugins > Installed Plugins:

Please check the manual for more information:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/working-with-the-upfront-builder/

2. I expect I cannot use Upfront Builder on an non-Upfront theme? Correct (I.e. No)?

Upfront Builder makes use of the Upfront core framework, and hence it cannot run for a non-Upfront theme. Upfront Builder is used to develop a theme from scratch, ie once done you can ship your theme to end users. If you are only looking to customize the design, and layouts you just only have to use the Upfront editor of an exsting theme like Fixer, and customize the theme according to your needs.

You might find the link helpful to understand the difference between Upfront Builder, and Upfront Editor:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/seeing-two-different-version-of-the-same-theme#post-1155852

so asking - can I install WP Bakery Visual Composer Plug-In into an Upfront Theme so as to enjoy both Upfront Builder AND Visual Composer?

I'm afraid, Upfront framework is meant to be an alternative to VC, and other such plugins. Running both the plugins can cause compatibility issues, or conflicts.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.