Give Discounts to Referrers?

I'm looking for a way where if a user refers a subscription level to X # of others they will get their subscription for free.

I don't think ProSites can accomplish this though it'll be a nice feature request. Is there a better alternative or option to accomplish this?

• PC

Hello Denis,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

This is something which is not possible with the plugin out of the box and will need huge custom modification for the same.

The only way around is that you can setup a free account for the affiliates. Have them send you an email to avail a free website on your multisite and set it up.

I'm actually looking at http://www.whmcs.com/ to do more sophisticated e-commerce features. Does ProSites work hand in hand with WHMCS?

No, it does not. It has its own billing system. Should you want to use WHMCS, then you should look at WHMCS MU Integration plugin.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• Denis Lam

Hmm.. Never mind about WHMCS, I just realized that WHMCS is really for a site that sells/resells online hosting products.

Currently I'm using Prosite and have 3 levels: Basic, Pro, and Elite.

What I'm looking for is...

1) A plugin/solution that allows me and/or each paying member to keep track of the number of people they referred to also sign up for any of the levels. What would you suggest?

2) Also, if the # of referrals is equal to 3 and there are at least 3 active paying subscribers on a particular level, I'd like to make sure the member gets free membership. What's the easiest solution for this?

If a developer is needed to program this, I'm willing to pay them to accomplish both #1 and #2.

• PC

Hello Denis,

1) A plugin/solution that allows me and/or each paying member to keep track of the number of people they referred to also sign up for any of the levels. What would you suggest?

That can be tracked via the Affiliates plugin we offer. However it does not automatically allow them to signup for any level they want. They will have to follow the normal routine to signup for a level.

2) Also, if the # of referrals is equal to 3 and there are at least 3 active paying subscribers on a particular level, I'd like to make sure the member gets free membership. What's the easiest solution for this?

Custom coding is what I would say as this is not possible using any other plugin or with the pro sites plugin out of the box.

If you are looking for someone you can post a job requirement here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC