Giving clients access to the wpmudeve plugins and themes

Hi I have a hosting business and since I have been using the wpmudev plug ins and thems I dont need any other themes or plug ins but here is my question I want to know can I allow my hosting clients access to the themes and plug as an added bonus as a sub user under my account then if they cancel the hosting with me I could cancel the access to the themes and plug ins.

thanks
steve

• time4novelty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

For me is also a big problem to offer clients the websites based on wpmudev plugins without autoupdate possibility.

Now when the updates of WordPress core happen automatically and the clients have no option to update the wpmudev plugins yourself, what should I tell them?

Buy a wpmudev membership for $ 588 a year for his simple blog that use only 3 wpmudev plugins? Not a good idea :wink:

The wpmudev dashboard is a great option for multisite where I as super admin can manage the whole network, but for singular wp installations and clients, who want to update plugins yourself, the wpmudev plugins are not a good choice.

Would be nice to have a wpmudev dashboard version for clients, where I can put my developer license key and the client has an option to update its plugins, but no access to other features like support or possibility to install other plugins.
    Best,
    Damian

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

@steve Pershall
    I guess it could but depending on how many in reality you have. 100's then yes, a dozen or so then not so much.

What needs updating isn't an issue as the update manager tells you.

All I do is keep a list of domains and owners then log in to them once every few months when I am aware there are updates due. I do a back up then run all updates.

You could charge a maintenance fee for this maybe? Or offer as a great support feature!

David

• steve Pershall
    • The Crimson Coder

@Damian I like how you think,

Would be nice to have a wpmudev dashboard version for clients maybe if we submite that as a new plug in wpmudev team will build it or have a price for the thems that would include life time updates.

David you to have a good Idea as so do you Dev4

another way is to install wordfence and have it to send you an email when an update is available along with helping keep wordpress secure

thanks
    steve

• aristath
    • Recruit

For me is also a big problem to offer clients the websites based on wpmudev plugins without autoupdate possibility.

Your clients can still have updates, they just can't have access to your dashboard to get access!

To do that just install the WPMUDEV plugin as usual on the site and then add the following line in the site's wp-config.php file:

define(‘WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING’, true);

In addition, the WPMUDEV Dashboard is "locked" to the user that activates it.
    So provided that you don't give out your own account to your clients they should not be able to access it and they would still be getting the updates. :wink:

Would be nice to have a wpmudev dashboard version for clients, where I can put my developer license key and the client has an option to update its plugins, but no access to other features like support or possibility to install other plugins.

This was discussed in another thread 3 weeks ago, you can see all the ways you can hide your dashboard here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/is-there-a-minimal-version-of-wpmu-dashboard#post-589684

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.