Giving third party support access

Hi there
Having problems providing access to a third party provider (theme provider). Could you explain how I provide admin access to one of the sites. I've tried adding a user but when I try testing the access on an incognito window it doesn't work and I'm burning up email addresses trying.

Regards
Tim

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Tim
    Hope you are well today!

Could you please describe what error message you are receiving? Sometimes when testing in a private browsing window, cookies are blocked and will throw an error with WordPress. If this is happening to you, try using the login information in a normal browser window.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Alex :smiley:

• Tim
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there

I've tried that and it didn't work.

I got this message shortly after;

"The plugin rename-wp-login/rename-wp-login.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist."

Regards
    Tim

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Tim
    Hope you are having a great day!

Just to rule out any further compatibility issues, could you please run a plugin/theme compatibility check?
    1. Deactivate all plugins.
    2. Test the login, if it works, Activate your plugins one by one until you find the one causing the issue.
    3. If the issue does not go away, try switching to the Twenty Sixteen theme and testing the login.

Hopefully by running this test we can get a better idea of if this is a compatibility issue within your installation or not.

Cheers,

• Tim
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there

I've deactivated all the plugins except GeoDirectory Starter as that would be necessary to run the system. No joy. I then have switched the theme to Square Blog and still no joy. I've then added Twenty Sixteen and still no joy. I think there is a caching problem somewhere but don't know where.

When I try admin access using the new admin credentials it simply defaults to show the main domain page [mysite.com] but still working on my superadmin access

Could you please investigate as I need this resolving asap.

All plugins are currently disabled but I have reactivated the Directory Starter Theme.

Oh, just logged in whilst in Twenty Sixteen mode and I got in with the superadmin credentials, logged out and then got in with the alternative credentials. I don't know if it makes any difference but I went to /wp-loing.php and not /wp-admin

Tried on another machine and got in again.

HELP!!!

Regards
    Tim

• Alex Stine
    • System Administrator

Hello Tim
    Hope you are having a great day!

Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate the same issue you are seeing. I created myself an account, login works fine. Switched to Super Admin role, login still works. Switched back to Subscriber role on all sites and login still works. I have since removed the user so it is no longer on your site.

Could you please try clearing all caching plugins, browser cache, history, CDN's, ETC to see if this makes a difference? I tested this successfully in Firefox on Windows, are you using a different combination?

Can't wait to hear back!

Cheers,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.