Glitch on activating the Supporter plugin

Hi

I'm getting an error message. I've put the lines of code it refers to in http://pastebin.com/4yHiHxvk as welll as the error message.

I'm using latest WP on a multisite with the edu blogs theme. Got the same message on the twentyeleven theme.

Regards

Lugh

P.S. The Supporter (Feature: Premium Themes) works fine.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Lugh,

I'm not totally sure I understand. Were you putting that code snippet somewhere in one of the files on your site? You shouldn't need to add that code anywhere in order for Supporter to work.

Could you let us know where that code is from and where you're attempting to put it?

Thanks,
    David

• Lugh
    • Flash Drive

Hi

Sorry I was not clear.

Using version of supporter 2.2.8 and edu clean theme Version 2.2.1 and wp 3.2.1

On activating the plugin the message I get is

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare supporter_blog_template_settings() (previously declared in /home/pnnnnn/public_html/gmmmmm/wp-content/mu-plugins/supporter-framework.php:66) in /home/pnnnnn/public_html/gmmmmm/wp-content/plugins/supporter-framework.php on line 69

The piece of code that relates to in supporter-framework.php is

65 /* exclude option from New Blog Template plugin copy */
    66 function supporter_blog_template_settings( $and ) {
    67 $and .= " AND option_name != 'supporter_signed_up'";
    68 return $and;
    69 }

I'm not adding extra code but just quoting the piece relating to the glitch in lines 65 to 69 in case it is obvious what is causing the problem.
    Regards

Lugh

P.S. I decided to /* -*/ the chunk of code and the fatal error happens on the next piece.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Lugh,

My apologies for the delay here! I believe the lack of chat support response would be due to the hours of operation (the chats are scheduled).

I seem to have missed that error message in your original post so thanks for having posted it in your reply. It seems you have the file supporter-framework.php installed in both your /mu-plugins/ folder as well as your regular /plugins/ folder.

You'll only need to have the copy in your /mu-plugins/ folder so you can simply remove the copy in your /plugins/ folder and that should resolve this issue.

Could you give that a go and let us know how that works for you?

Thanks,
    David

• Lugh
    • Flash Drive

Hi DavidM

I'm delighted to report that the supporter issue is solved. I'm also using or planning to (when I get back to it) use CustomPress on the same site. As far as I can see from searching there is not a conflict on these two plugins in one site?

many thanks

Regards

Lugh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.