Global Cart Chained Payment

Simple as it sounds.
I have a global cart with multiple sub-sites.
Each subsite have his own products and I want to give a % to each product owner for his products when an user checkouts.

I readed this is not available, any ideas how I can reach this ?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

I readed this is not available, any ideas how I can reach this ?

It is not possible.

You can only use global cart with PayPal Express or eWay shared.

You can use chained payments up to 10 separate transactions, but this limit is imposed directly by PayPal with it's limits on chained payments - this is not a Market Press limitation.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• arturino
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

ok just to confirm:

MarketPress doesnt allow for Paypal's Chained Payments for Global Checkouts.
    * Can this be custom coded to work?

once it works, the total amount of items that can be globally purchased ( across all sites ) using Paypal's Chained Payments = 10?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

I apologize but the 10 payment limit i gave above is not entirely accurate nor relevant to the problem of global cart and chained payments.

Chained payments + global shopping cart is not implemented and is likely not ever going to be.

The reason for this is because the global shopping cart uses PayPal Parallel Payments, which apparently not compatible with Chained Payments.

From Market Press plugin lead developer: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/feature-request-marketpress-needs-this-for-global-shopping-cart#post-150570

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - an attempt to custom code this is probably impossible unless PayPal changes the way their API works with chained payments and this is highly unlikely, but we would welcome the change of course.

• arturino
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

OUCH.

That really sucks, since i thought i can simply create a store where i can control how the payment is distributed. Can Parallel Payments allow me to :

1 - On Global Checkout()
    Get a Payments from Customer

2 - then automatically take a % of that payment and distribute it to 2 vendors ( on the multisite )

?

Seems like a standard workflow for a multi-vendor site no?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

1 - On Global Checkout()
    Get a Payments from Customer

2 - then automatically take a % of that payment and distribute it to 2 vendors ( on the multisite )

What I would recommend you possibly doing to meet your goal would be allowing people to create individual stores as you planned - taking your cut using chained payments - but not using global carts, that is the only demise in your previous plan that I can see. It would appear to me then all would be well.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

We have not heard from you in sometime concerning this ticket in which it appears there is no practical solution since we are up against the PayPal API policy wall concerning chained payments, parallel payments, and Global Cart.

Therefore I am marking this ticket as resolved for house keeping purposes and because we have come to the end of the road concerning these very issues.

If you have any further comments to make regarding this ticket please feel free to check mark below not resolved and post the relative comments.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings arturino,

As long as the experience is the same in the end to the user - AND they can buy different products across the various stores..and checkout globally.

Hopefully you will develop the site so that this will be a reality for your clients to include the goals you have in mind.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.