Global Category Pages

Hi there
Is there a way of editing the layout of a Global category page? I am happy to pay a developer to sort this but want to make sure it is possible and also how difficult this is? At the moment it is all in one long list and I have no side-bars. I would like to retain the side-bars which I have on all the other pages and have the products in a grid like layout rather than a list. This is on a Global category page layout.

Kindest regards
Victoria

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi Victoria and welcome to the WPMUdev Support Community!

The way that your page or post is laying out information has to do with the theme that you are using. Some of the challenges we face when using MarketPress is finding the right theme. We recommend GridMarket which is a child theme of FrameMarket. It looks like you have a theme different from these and likely the same as one used on your main site.

To change the layout of your products on a Category page would entail creating or altering a page template. In this case, though, one idea might be to borrow some of the structure of either FrameMarket or GridMarket and incorporate it into a new custom page template for you theme.

It shouldn't be too much trouble for a developer who is familiar with php and Wordpress page templates. You might have a look at

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Posting the job there should help you find someone knowledgeable easily.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Paul

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.