Global managment of all stores from network admin?

This is a pre-purchase question, and I apologize if I missed the obvious in my research.

Is it possible for us to setup, say 20 sub-sites, all with Marketpress stores, and manage them all from the network admin?
What we want to do is set up many stores, but be able to manage orders, customers, shipping, and the like all from one place. As opposed to visiting each sub-site separately.

Is this something that works out-of-the-box, or is there a way to make this happen via hook or custom code?
Thank you for your time and help. :slight_smile:

• Kimberly

mgyura,

Thank you for your interest in the Marketpress plugin!

Currently there is no way for you to manage sub-site stores from your main site. Each is meant to be maintained by different admin, and even with global shopping cart enabled, it will send orders to the parent site of the product.

You can however activate chained payments to secure a percentage of the sales or allow users to contribute to your main site by giving them a specific user role.

If you don't mind my asking, why would you use such a feature? Just checking to see if maybe our dev would be interested in a Feature Request for something like this :slight_smile:

• mgyura

Kimberly,
    Thank you for getting back to me. I'm working with a business that wants to run a series of specialty stores, 20-30. Each sub-site would be a store for a particular type of product. But, they would all be managed by the same business. The idea is to give them one easy place to managed all of their stores.

Is there anyway to hook into the action that happens when a sales is made? It would be a step in the right direction if I could give them a control panel at the Network Admin level, that would list any current sales with a link to the sub-site admin

• aecnu

Greetings mgyura,

Just checking in to let you know that this is certainly an innovative thought and though I am not sure personally how to wrangle this into a working plugin involving active sales I have thought that customizing the menu bar by using Easy Blogging plugin may be a way to add all the other sub site access menus.

I am moving this ticket to feature requests and I will alert the developers thereof to this particular request for their consideration.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.