Global multisite indexiation: categories, tags, posts

Hello,

I try to build a multisite structure which is configured as a single site.

All categories, tags and posts need to be indexed: if we click on a category, all posts of all sites need to be shown. The same with the tags. And all posts need to be shown in the home page of the main site.

I know, you have post indexer plugin, which works with few other plugins. But If you have any advice to build this structure correctly, it is welcome.

Thanks.

• Sajid

Hi @Ivan,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If its a Multisite then there is no other plugin in our collection then Post Indexer with collection of other plugins like global recent posts.

If it is not a WordPress Multisite and you have separate singles sites sharing the same database then you can do this by using WordPress wpdb class. But yes, its not for beginners you must be pro in PHP and MySQL to make it work.

Also, one other way I can think is by using Autoblog plugin. Install this plugin on master/main site where you want to display posts, categories etc and setup RSS campaigns for each site and with Use External Permalinks add-on you can send to to source site directly.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Ivan

Thank you for your answer.

But tell me please, with Post Indexer, and with all the affiliated plugins, is it possible to obtain what I need ?

>
    1 multisite install, with 50+ sites. And all these sites are sharing the same tags, the same categories, and all posts are shown in the main site, with thumbs and not just titles (so the medias should be shared too). And when the user click to a post in the main site, he is redirected to "mainsite.com/siteZ/article".
    Of course, I need a global searching tool as Global Site Search.
    <

I can try to do something with RSS and Autoblog, or with any stream wall plugin. But when I read the features of Post Indexer,
    "Compile posts from across a network in one place"
    "Choose specific post types to include"
    I thought it could respond to my needs.

Thank you for your time.

• Nastia

Hello @Ivan, I hope you are doing well today!

Sorry for being late in answering you.

The Post Indexer plugin can index tags, post types from the multisite network. To show them on your main site, you will have to use additional plugins, like Global Site Tags or Recent Global Posts . And when a user will click on the post link, he will be redirected to this same post. You will not be able to set up and share in the network same categories or global tags with Post Indexer plugin.

Let us know if you have more questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.