Global network login and user profiles suggestions

Need some suggestions form support or community members on how to achieve this scenario.
Any suggestions appreciated.
The network will not use BuddyPress unless it would be the only way to achieve some of these things.

1. All users to login from main site on the front page, not from their sub-site wp login
We would use cross domain function from Domain Mapper

2. if possible disable all wp-login, login from main site front page not backend

3. Suggestion on login from the front, plugin or code snippets

4. User area similar to Woocommerce "myaccount" which would essentially hold login/reset password forms
In my account page display user/account info with links to their backend, etc. and ability to upload avatar.
I have seen many people suggest Profile Builder plugin but wasn't sure if anyone has better suggestion.

Thank you.

• Nithin

Hey Jason Bishop,

Hope you are doing good today.

It would be easier to implement using BuddyPress, however it would require custom code to achieve such task even with BuddyPress, and plugins like Profile Builder works differently. You could also consider checking other plugins like Formidable Forms, and Gravity Forms along with User register add-on works

1. All users to login from main site on the front page, not from their sub-site wp login

This entirely depends upon what login form what you are using in the front page, and it can vary from one plugin to another. Once you setup the login form, you can redirect all the users to that specific page with the code shown below.

2. if possible disable all wp-login, login from main site front page not backend

You can use the code mentioned in the following article:
    https://wpoven.com/tutorials/wordpress/how-to-disable-or-redirect-the-default-wordpress-login-page-wp-loginphp

From the above given code, you can change the following line:

wp_redirect($blogHomePage);

To:

wp_redirect(htttp://link-to your-custom-form);

This will redirect the all the subsite users to the page where you have configured the frontend login form. This should hence cover your 1st question. In short the code will be:

<?php
    add_action('init','custom_login');
    function custom_login(){
     global $pagenow;
     if( 'wp-login.php' == $pagenow && $_GET['action']!="logout" && $_GET['action']!="lostpassword") {
         wp_redirect('http://your-website-form');
         exit();
     }
    }

You must implement it as a /mu-plugins, please check the following manual on how to add it as /mu-plugins:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

4. User area similar to Woocommerce "myaccount" which would essentially hold login/reset password forms
    In my account page display user/account info with links to their backend, etc. and ability to upload avatar.

The plugins suggested above should help you with that. You'll have to test the plugins to see which one fits to your needs.

I hope this clears your query. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin