Global Payment Settings: No Croatia in PayPal site country selection list

Hi WPMU DEV team,
We have PayPal business account for our nonprofit organization but now we can't connect it to Membership 2 Pro because there is no Croatia in dropdown menu for PayPal site.

Croatia is in the Worldwide list (https://www.paypal.com/hr/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide) so we don't understand where is the problem?

Also, can you provide info regarding the fix for automatic currency exchange via some currency exchange from Croatian kunas to Euros currency PayPal uses).

Please instruct what we can do and please implement it in Membership 2 Pro updates.

Thank you for your quick response,
Matija Raos

• Nastia

Hello Matija Raos, I hope you are doing well today!

I can confirm that there is no Croatia in PayPal gateways. I have informed our developers about this.

Also, can you provide info regarding the fix for automatic currency exchange via some currency exchange from Croatian kunas to Euros currency PayPal uses).

I'm sorry, I'm not following you here. Is this issue you have on PayPal site? Or you referring that there is no currency of Crotia on the Global Payment Settings of Membership 2 plugin?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello there Matija!

I understand that it is about changing displayed currency and amount and than simple conversion before the payment sent to PayPal.

At the current time I can move this thread to a Feature & Request forum to give it more exposure amongst other members of the community. More +1’s a feature request get more likely it would be considered for development.

In the meanwhile, if you required this function immediately, please feel free to post a new job in our Jobs & Pros section on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ so that a skilled developer can do that for you.

You will need to:
    - change the Euros to HRK in the display and calculation routines
    - then change the displayed HRK back to Euros to send to PayPal.

If we can be of any further assistance, please, let us know!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Matija, I trust this message finds you in a good spirit!

I have moved this to topic to the Feature & Feedback forum, I hope it will get enough +1 to be considered for development!

Can you just tell me when can we aprox expect Croatia to be seen in country selection list because without that we can't even use Euro setup.

I have pinged the developer about this, once I have an answer I will post it back here, but we don’t publish ETA to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed. Please note, the developer response might be slower than the usual staff response, so we really appreciate your patience on this.

+1

Have a nice day and take care :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello there Matija!

I just had new from the developer. The Croatia will be added in the new release of the Membership 2 plugin, so keep in mind for an upcoming update.

Until then, here is a hot fix from a developer. Please put this code in the functions.php file of your theme:

add_filter( 'ms_gateway_get_country_codes', 'add_croatia' );
    function add_croatia( $list ) {
       $list['HR'] = 'Croatia';
       return $list;
    }

This code will Add Croatia into the country list!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.