Global products and cart across network of sites

Setting up a multisite network for ecommerce. Want 2-4 ecommerce sites with one central place to manage product.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adamodonnell,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available – but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• adamodonnell
    • New Recruit

Thanks @aecnu. I may have to go down the wpmu jobs route if I can’t figure out something. Just not sure I have enough in the budget to cover a ton of custom coding.

@jim_meyer – sorry, didn’t mean to be vague. I have two websites that sell variations of the same product – urns for pets and urns for people. Same custom-made urns, but marketed differently, obviously. Then there’s a third site we’d like to build to sell to distributors, which would have different pricing than the other two. But we’d really like to have one place to upload/manage product rather than three separate product lineups on three separate sites. Because all products are custom-made and not an inventory of duplicate pieces, we obviously turn over product quickly so three times the work would be a pain. I thought doing something like the “threewp broadcast” plugin would work, but that only handles posts and pages, not products.

• adamodonnell
    • New Recruit

@aecnu – the route I’m going now is to set up all the sites in a network and then use a custom script to daily export and import all products, effectively just copying all products across the stores daily. It’s crude, but it seems like the best way to get it done. Working on the cron job now.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adamodonnell,

In many cases doing it the old school way or brute force is indeed the answer.

Though I am not a coder myself, it would be the ultimate if there was a way to code this so that all the stores shared a single set of Market Press database tables which sounds like a permanent solution.

Possibly a plugin that directs all Market Press stores to share that single set of tables?

Food for thought?

Cheers, Joe

• Spectrum
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I would actually be interested in this plugin as well. Maybe we could pool resources and hire someone to do it.

I would want it to work like this:

Have a Network Setting that allows super admin to share main site products across all network sites.

– network could not make any changes to these products (price, description, etc.)

– product info would be automatically updated (obviously, since it is pointing to the same table)

– any sale of the product would still be marked as coming from that store

– network site could add products of their own (ideally, controllable through the Pro Plan)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.