Global Regions are not showing up on other pages

Hi,
I have made my main menu as well as my footer global regions. However the regions will not show up on new pages that are created. What shows up is the old default Fixer items. The footer will show up but it comes with the old footer as well. I understand that can be just deleted buy my main issue is the fact that the menu does not translate to other pages.

I have granted support access let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Michael,

New global regions are not automatically added existing pages. They need to be added manually to pages and posts - in posts, however, you can save changes for all posts of the type and this will update all the posts - but that doesn't work for pages.
    Because in Upfront you can create pages that will be so different, with each new region so they wont fit the same template for other pages its not possible to automatically add new regions to all pages.
    For new pages there is also solution. You can create new page template - create new page, add your regions and in Page Settings -> Templates add new template

then, when you will create new page you will be able to load this template with new regions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hey Michael Zaccaria,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

This now means that if i make a change to the Menu or Footer I will have to manually go through each page and change them one by one i assume. It also seems strange i can get the footer to automatically be added to new pages but not the menu.

As mentioned above you'll have to add Global Regions on pages where you want to make these regions appear, but the edits, or any changes made on these Global regions will get reflected on each, and every pages where the region is implemented.

Also, footer gets automatically added because you are using the default Footer of the Fixer theme, and by design the Fixer theme has all it's page templates with Footer as it's Global region. If you create a new Global Footer, it won't get added automatically.

I hope this clears your queries, please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.