Global Site Search No Result at Main Site

Hiya!
I have multisite installed at my website, and I have installed Marketpress and Multi-DB plugin.
But When I want to search product at Main Site, I have No Result, No Title and Nothing appear. I have installed Post-Indexer plugin too. Whereas, all products are available on my subsites with all tags and categories.

My question is "Does Multi-DB give effect at Global Site Search plugin?"
Because function of Multi-Db is split my single database, isn't it?

Or Am I missing something here?

• Anto

Hi again !
    Finally I can show result of Global Site Search at my Site Search page
    First, I delete permanently Site Search page and then I try to deactive network Global Site Search plugin.

But, I have question.
    Is it possible for me if I change searching based on Global Product Tag ?
    Before this plugin work for me, I have my own searching.
    I have this code as my seach engine :
    SELECT * FROM wp_mp_term_relationships INNER JOIN wp_mp_products ON wp_mp_products.id = wp_mp_term_relationships.post_id INNER JOIN wp_mp_terms ON wp_mp_terms.term_id = wp_mp_term_relationships.term_id WHERE wp_mp_terms.name = $[my_keyword]

I want to change Global Site Product search result same with my own search result ..

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Anto

• Tyler Postle

Hey Anto,

I'm just testing out your global search right now, thanks for granting support access.

I typed in GOATLAC and it came up with this post: http://boerton91.inindonesia.org/store/products/susu-kambing-etawa-goatlac

So it does seem to be working. Seems it just hasn't indexed all your products yet. I notice you do have a lot of products in processing right now too. I'm also assuming you are running an alternative Cron method since you have disabled wp_cron right?

Look forward to your reply here!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. I also extending the support access for when Ari is back online so he can also take a look here. I hope you don't mind!

• Anto

Thankyou @Tyler Postle for your quick reply,

Yes I have been enabled WP_CRON at wp_config.php,
    Honestly, I have a lot of question about Global Site Search and Post Indexer plugin :

1. Why my post indexer can't rebuilt index all of my sub sites? Example : Just now I rebuilt index and It result 9 sites has been indexed. And I try to indexed again (because actually my sub site not only 9), and It result 14 site has been indexed. I try to rebuilt index again and It result 9 again, whereas I have 14 sub sites which they have their own product

2. If there are people register as my subsite, and then they input their own product, Does I need rebuilt index again ? Or it can be automatic rebuilt index when they registered as my subsite and input their product? So their product can appear when visitor browse product by product tags.

3. You said if you have been tested for keyword 'GOATLAC' and product of GOATLAC is available, But. I have another keyword to tested, maybe you can try this 'BLOUSE WANITA', This keyword should be result 6 product, but at site search page it has no result. (maybe this question related to the question of number 1)

4. I remember that Global Product Search result should be showing featured image instead avatar, Is it possible to change avatar with product featured image? Because my search based on product type, not post. If yes, What code should I change?

Please advice,

Thanks, Anto

• Tyler Postle

Hey Anton,

Hope you're doing well today, thanks for your patience!

1. Why my post indexer can't rebuilt index all of my sub sites? Example : Just now I rebuilt index and It result 9 sites has been indexed. And I try to indexed again (because actually my sub site not only 9), and It result 14 site has been indexed. I try to rebuilt index again and It result 9 again, whereas I have 14 sub sites which they have their own product

It won't do all your sites at the same time because that could crash your WordPress, it runs them in batches if you have a lot. Sounds like you should have all your sites indexed at this point.

2. If there are people register as my subsite, and then they input their own product, Does I need rebuilt index again ? Or it can be automatic rebuilt index when they registered as my subsite and input their product? So their product can appear when visitor browse product by product tags.

The indexer runs on wp_cron, so it will add products to the index gradually as they come in. You shouldn't have to rebuild the index again, that is really only used when you first install it, so you can build the initial index.

3. You said if you have been tested for keyword 'GOATLAC' and product of GOATLAC is available, But. I have another keyword to tested, maybe you can try this 'BLOUSE WANITA', This keyword should be result 6 product, but at site search page it has no result. (maybe this question related to the question of number 1)

It looks like you have changed your theme now, do you still have global search activated?

4. I remember that Global Product Search result should be showing featured image instead avatar, Is it possible to change avatar with product featured image? Because my search based on product type, not post. If yes, What code should I change?

Not sure I understand this one Anton. Product type still uses the featured image field. So, the global search should pick up the featured image of the product :slight_smile: perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question here?

Look forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.