Global Site Search not switching Language

Hi I translated the global site search plugin here, https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/global-site-search/af/default?page=1 and then placed the .mo / . po files in /wp-content/languages/plugins, but when I switch the language of my multilingual site it does not switch the global site search widget. I am using WPML plugin

  • Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

    Hey @Solidariteit,

    Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

    Can you try simply renaming your translation and remove dashes from it, for example if your current translation files are called global-site-search-de_DE.po/.mo rename them to globalsitesearch-de_DE.po/.mo, and that should do the trick :slight_smile:

    Let us know how it goes.

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • Solidariteit
    • Flash Drive

    Hi, thanks for the reply.

    I changed the files from global-site-search-af.mo / global-site-search-af.po to globalsitesearch-af_AF.mo / globalsitesearch-af_AF.po and its working now. For future reference it only worked after I added the _AF, globalsitesearch-af still didn't work. :slight_smile:

    Kind Regards

  • Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

    Hi @Solidariteit,

    Thanks for getting back with the info.

    That is correct, language files need to have language formatted in that way in order to work, after original translation file name you need to have af_AF in order to work.

    I'm glad we got this one sorted out and I'm going to mark it as resolved but if you have any other related questions feel free to reopen it :slight_smile:

    Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.