Global Site Search won't search Product pages in MarketPress.

Building an etsy-like site for eCommerce with WPMU and MarketPress. Need some way to globally search through all Products (similar to etsy).

Have tried both WPMU Global Site Search and the seemingly newer MultiSite Global Search by the same author. The newer one does seem to search regular pages, but not MarketPress Product Pages (my understanding was that each Product creates a Page.

Any help on how to do a global search of Products in MarketPress across all sites in a network greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

• d527418
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sorry Phil, already did those things, that’s what the problem is…

I have Post Indexer installed, as well as Global Site Search, and I’ve created new products after they were installed. And I’ve also tried both Global Site Search from WPMU and Multisite Site Search, which is newer and has a widget, from the same author.

Both Post Indexer and Global Site Search are Network Activated.

I can tell that Site Search is working (somewhat), and it is searching pages, but not Product pages.

If you want to take a look, go to http://www.sokoartshows.com. If you search for the word “test”, you’ll get 4 search results, all are Pages, not Posts. If you search for the word “glove” or “sock”, you won’t get any results. “glove” is in both a Product Title and Product Description that I added a few minutes ago. “sock” is in a Product Tag from that same Product (was experimenting to see which Product fields get searched, but it appears, none).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• d527418
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

As an update to this… I was thinking maybe the problem was BuddyPress, which there’s no way to uninstall, so I created another complete installation, new WPMU, new database, new MarketPress, Post Indexer, Global Site Search, without BuddyPress, and have the exact same problem, so this problem is easily re-producable, and in fact, Global Site Search DOES NOT WORK, at least as far as MarketPress Product Pages are concerned.

It will search the main store, but not any sub-store Product Pages.

Can anyone offer any help or suggestions? You can see this problem at either site, http://www.sokoartshows.com (with BuddyPress) or my test site, http://www.Trinnen.com (without BuddyPress).

All assistance appreciated.

Thanks.

• d527418
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Phil,

Great question… I’m using Psek hosting, so I don’t have a wp_siteposts table, but I DO have a site_posts table. Looked in that, and created a new product in a substore, and yes, it does show up in my site_posts table.

Also then re-verified that I can NOT find that page I just created with Global Search… even from the Home page, where I can see that product right on the page I begin the search from.

What next? and thanks!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

What version of global site search are you running? What post type do you have global site search set to return (there should be an option to select the type in the plugins settings page)?

Global site search is one of the plugins we are currently in the middle of rewriting to provide improved functionality – but if memory serves correct there is an option in the last version (though I’m looking at the dev code at the moment, so not 100%).

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven’t heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over our email. I’m going to presume your all fixed up now and don’t need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well!

How’s things going now, we haven’t heard from you in a short while and as such he thread became marked as “Resolved”.

If you’re still in need any help then please feel free to reopen or create a new thread as needed for any issues.

Cheers.

• electroasd
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello to the team!

I have the same problem, products doesn’t appear in global search.

But I realize that under admin –> Network –> Settings –> Network Settings at the menu of List Post Type, I have only 3 choices : all, directory listing and portfolio. I do not have products.

I also I installed post indexer 3 RC and the plugin finds all the products I have or I add….

Is this the problem or should I do something else?

• electroasd

So, Because I cannot understand, my problem will be solved with the new version or not?

Because my problem is with the products of the Marketplace, old and new.

When I install the post indexer 3 RC, it reads every old post I’ ve done adn the global search finds them now. The problem is only with the Market place products.

And also when i go under admin –> Network –> Settings –> Network Settings at the menu of List Post Type, I do not have the choice of products, if this is help.

Thank you very much

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

As Tim wrote above:

The search will return those as well global items as well.

And also when i go under admin –> Network –> Settings –> Network Settings at the menu of List Post Type, I do not have the choice of products, if this is help.

The current version isn’t looking at the information that the RC of post indexer is indexing. The new version will look at that information, and so all the post types that the new version of the indexer indexes aren’t displayed.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I’m sorry but I have no further updates to offer, I know @Barry is working hard at all of his plugins and is looking to release them as soon as possible. We don’t provide ETA’s because sometimes issues arrise which need fixing causing us to overshoot the release dates and leading to further frustration.

I have however just pinged Barry to see if there is an update he can offer as he’s developing the code he would be in a better position to advise.

Thanks.

• electroasd

I have serious problem and I would like your help please!

I install "Global Site Search" to a wordpress multisite and I cannot use it, to search products from Marketpress.

On the screen shot, you can see that there is not option for the products.

I also install post indexer 3.0 RC1 and you can see that the products are in the indexer.

Please help me, what should I do?

• electroasd

Nobody can help me?

I check the database and I see that in the table “wp_site_post” , there are only post with the above option I mentioned, i.e. “directory_listing” and “dsz_portfolio”. There are no entries for products…

Can you advice me, what should I do?

Should I unistall post_indexer 3.0 rc and install the current stable version? But the reason I install the rc version, is to index the products, which the rc version of the plugin did it and the current stable did not.

My problem is that I have a multisite with marketpress and the global search doesn’t search for products…

• electroasd

Hello to the team.

I don’t know if anyone else has the same problem.

Also I don’t like be annoying, but the main reason I joined wpmudev is because I find a plugin that can search products in marketpress over a multisite.

We are waiting the new version of the plugin which solve the problem and before a month will be released

We’re going to get them all out this week.

before 3 days the released date was

The new version of site search will be released later today.

I understand that maybe there are imponderable problems with the new version of the plugin, but you should inform us about that.

The only thing I would like is to do, is to make the global search plugin work with products.

Please any help would be very useful.

Thank you very much and sorry for my multiple post in this thread.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.