Global Site Tags shortcode options

Hello, I am the web developer for Sol Design Co. We are the firm responsible for building the site blog.arthritis.org (to whom this WPMU Dev account belongs).

I need to be able to hardcode the global site tags widget into my sidebar.php file, but am unable to find any supporting documentation with regards to shortcode and shortcode customization options for this plugin.

Please provide me with a complete list of your shortcode options for this plugin ASAP. The client needs this fully functioning on their live site today.

Thanks,

Troy Cono
troy@soldesignco.com

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Returns the following errors:

Undefined index: number in .../plugins/global-site-tags/widget-global-site-tags.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined index: low_font_size in .../plugins/global-site-tags/widget-global-site-tags.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined index: high_font_size in .../plugins/global-site-tags/widget-global-site-tags.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined index: poststype in .../plugins/global-site-tags/widget-global-site-tags.php on line 37 - See more at: http://www.arthritisblog.org.php53-13.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/#sthash.lRu0H3tT.dpuf

Seems like I need to specify at LEAST those required arguments? Could you please provide me documentation on proper syntax therefore?

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Troy

Here's all parameters in an array that used on this widget :

array(
    			'title'           => '',
    			'tag_cloud_order' => 'count',
    			'number'          => 25,
    			'high_font_size'  => 52,
    			'low_font_size'   => 14,
    			'poststype'       => 'post',
    		)

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Okay, I'm using the following:

the_widget('widget_global_site_tags', 'title= &tag_cloud_order=random&number=45&high_font_size=28&low_font_size=14&poststype="post"');

However, I'm seeing "There are no tags to display" where I embedded this code. Post Indexer has completed indexing all sub sites, and adding the widget to the sidebar from the Wordpress dashboard does display all the tags. There are some errors with the way those are displaying, but I'll discuss those with you once you help me figure out why the hard coded embed isn't returning any results?

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Troy

Try to remove " on post .

the_widget('widget_global_site_tags', 'title= &tag_cloud_order=random&number=45&high_font_size=28&low_font_size=14&poststype=post');

Tell me what's the result :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Perfect. Got it. Now, last couple of issues I cannot sort out.

First off, it seems like "cloud_order=random" does nothing different than "cloud_order=count," because the most used tags are still displaying on top, not randomly.

Also, when I click on one of the tag links, I am seeing the following errors on the tag archive page:

Notice: Undefined variable: post in .../plugins/post-indexer/includes/functions.php on line 397

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../plugins/post-indexer/includes/functions.php on line 397

Notice: Undefined variable: post in .../plugins/post-indexer/includes/functions.php on line 397

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in .../plugins/post-indexer/includes/functions.php on line 397

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Troy

I'm sorry cloud_order parameter is not longer used is current version :slight_frown: so the parameter you set on it won't affected the order. And for the errors are you turned on WP_DEBUG options in wp-config.php ? try to turn it off, and let me know if you still have the error.

Best Regards

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well of course I wouldn't if I turned it off, but I'm wondering why I'm having it in the first place. I don't like the idea of premium plugins returning errors out of the box.

So is there anyway to sort tags randomly without writing a custom function? Sorting by count looks horrible and is not at all what the client wants. I wasn't aware that cloud_order had been deprecated when I told the client to purchase this plugin. Might be a deal breaker...

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Troy

Sorry for your inconvenience :slight_frown: We will flag developer to clean up this error notice in the future. I see you have ordered your tags random, are you using custom function or something ?

And for the tags that displayed after body , I check on my end it's not showed up. Maybe it's conflicting with one of your plugins. Try to disable suspected plugin and re-check your tags page :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Anang,

Are you looking at the live site, blog.arthritis.org, or the dev site, that starts with arthritisblog.org.php?

On the dev site, I did just create a custom jquery function to randomize the order of links within the global tag cloud. It's kind of disappointing that I would have to do that considering the default wp_tag_cloud function (which I'm using in place of your plugin on the sub-sites) has that capability built in.

I thought maybe the erroneous closing breadcrumbs tag tucked inside the body may have been an issue with my custom breadcrumbs function for pages, but even after deactivating my breadcrumbs function, at least on my end, the code is still there even when my breadcrumbs are gone.

It looks like, somehow, your plugin is writing "Tag » Tag_name" as the page title on tag archive pages, and something in the error messages I was seeing before I turned them off is more than likely causing that function to repeat just that portion inside the opening body tag.

Any thoughts on that possibility?

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

I was just wondering if you would be getting back to me soon. We have already taken this site live, and really need to get this last detail ironed out.

FYI, I have deactivated all plugins except for WPMU Dev plugins on the dev site, and the issue is still occurring.

Thank you in advance,

Troy

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,

I will need a response to the previously mentioned issues by the end of business today, 5PM Eastern Daylight Time, or I will have no choice but to cancel this service and request a full refund for the product that is not working out of the box.

Thank you in advance,

Troy

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Troy

Sorry for late replay :slight_frown: I see your html sourcecode and I think this is the problem :

<meta property="og:title"
    content="<a href="http://www.arthritisblog.org.php53-13.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/tags/">Tags</a> &raquo; <a href="http://www.arthritisblog.org.php53-13.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/tags/rheumatoid-arthritis/">Rheumatoid Arthritis</a>" />

Maybe you use some plugin to automatically get that value from the page, if you can override that value only on tags page, that would be great :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Morgan Griffith
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

After hours of eliminating possible culprits, changing default themes, etc, I was able to find the glitch.

I found a meta property was causing the issue, but only when your plugin is activated.

I see you just discovered that as well. Thanks.

Marking resolved

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.