Global Site Tags - "There are no tags to display"

Hello again!

I recently installed the Global Site Tags plugin network activated, but am only getting "There are no tags to display" on the tags page. FYI - I also have Marketpress and framemarket/gridmarket installed.

I triple checked everything found in the installation docs and forums:
- Installed Post Indexer plugin
- wp_site_posts and wp_term_counts tables have been created in the database
- I added new products with new tags after installing both plugins
- I even created a new site with new products and new tags after installation.
- In network admin > network settings, i have selected 'product' from the List Post Type dropdown under Site Tags config options.

After all that, still no tags appearing on the tags page. Any ideas? Have I overlooked something obvious?

As always, thanks for your help
Andy

• Kimberly

Hi Andy,

Marketpress prepends all of it's items with mp_ so you are not getting those tags read in your Global site tags.

You can use the Global Shortcodes provided with Marketpress (found on SuperAdmin>Marketpress)

Global Tag Cloud [mp_global_tag_cloud] - Displays global most used product tags in cloud format from network MarketPress stores.

Optional Attributes:

"limit" - Maximum amount of tags to display. Default: 45
    "seperator" - String to seperate tags by, like a comma, etc.
    Example: [mp_global_tag_cloud limit="55" seperator=", "]

You may also use the mp_global_tag_cloud() template function in your theme with the same arguments.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• zeroplusone

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for the quick and thorough response! I'll definitely make use of the shortcodes. I do have a couple follow up questions:

1) I should have clarified initially, but I had installed the Global Site Tags plugin for search reasons more so than displaying a tag cloud. Based on a separate forum post, this plugin would allow for the Global Search plugin to more effectively search throughout my network of sites. The whole premise of the site is for users to be able to search for products from all sites (via the main site). I guess my question ultimately is; will the global search plugin effectively be able to search for tags and categories from across my network, given that the tags and categories that matter the most are products (and therefore prepended with mp_)?

2) As you know, in the Network Admin dashboard, global site tags plugin has config options in Settings > Network Settings. One of those is a drop down menu labeled 'List Post Type', with the option to select 'product', 'post' or 'all'. This lead me to believe that it would in fact be able to read marketpress product tags...or am I completely misunderstanding this? I've attached a screenshot in case I'm not making sense.

Thank you!
    Andy

• Kimberly

The Global Site seach will search the Post Body content and title.

Marketpress Product listings are Custom Post Types so they will show up in a Post Types list. In theory it should work, but I believe the mp_ prepending makes it difficult.

But you have lots of great options with the Global Tag and Global Category shortcodes and options for the Network. I actually think it's better that it's all included and you don't have to use a separate plugin or tool :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings zeroplusone,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.