Global tables created not used by sub-blog

I have installed bad behavior and login lockdowns. A global table is created but the sub-blogs do not use the global table when i network activate them. I have to activate them one by one and if i do that, tables will be created for each sub-blogs.

Apart from having to manually key in all the settings for new sub-blogs, it will also be very difficult to manage the logs.

I checked the codes of both plugins and they seem to use the global database. so am not sure what i have done wrong. pls help

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I have installed bad behavior and login lockdowns. A global table is created but the sub-blogs do not use the global table when i network activate them. I have to activate them one by one and if i do that, tables will be created for each sub-blogs.

Sorry, not sure what you mean here? Can you explain the steps you are using? Do you have the global table specified in the db-config.php?

What is “login lockdowns”? Is it a plugin? Can you provide links to the plugins in question that aren’t working as you think they should so that we can look at them?

I checked the codes of both plugins and they seem to use the global database. so am not sure what i have done wrong. pls help

How do they use the global database? do they specify it explicitly? Are the plugins designed to work on a multi-site system with only one set of configuration files and report logs to a single location? Can you provide some details on what you found out when you looked at the code?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Becky!

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem

was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this

thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not

Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU

DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of

assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.