Global theme elements?

I have customized the main/home page of a farmers' market website using the Panino Upfront theme. There are some obvious changes but just one example to use, I changed the "Panino" text in the header and adjusted the position of both that text and the menu.

The menu links mostly jump to different sections of the page. The "Blog" link goes to a separate page as does the "terms & privacy" in the footer. These pages, or when creatinga new page, don't retain the changes made. I tried to set the header as a global element but I think that applies to the block and not the text & menu objects.

Is there a way to apply these changes to any existing pages or new pages?

• Nastia

Hello Jonathan

I hope you are doing well today!

So the main issue is that Panino doesn't save changes, right?

It doesn't save changes on these two pages that you described, does it save on other pages, on the hope page for example?

Would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when you do!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Jeff

Hi Nastia, to clarify, I am able to save changes. I used Upfront to customize the look of the main page. However, these changes did not apply to other pages. I understand that the content will be different for each page, but am looking to set up a consistent header with the title/home link and main menu. This area should be identical on every existing page of the site, and on any new pages added later.

I am not sure how to do this. It seems like I have to go to each page and make the same changes. This surely is not the only way?

• Sajid

Hi Jonathan,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for confusion but let me please clear that there are two headers. One for home page only that needs to be sticky while scrolling and the other one on rest of the pages like blog page is that is global.

So that said, changes made on home page header - navigation menu will only apply to home page.

On the other hand, changes made on header - main navigation section of rest of the pages like blog will be applied on pages consistently.

Yes, of course you can swap the header of other page with home page one but that will remove the sticky navigation effect (again, you can add this sticky effect but that will be global).

Tip: To know which region is global or local. Click on pencil icon to edit the region, then on green gear icon and look for global label with region name (see screenshot of the global region).

Hope that clear this up, but if you still need further assistance then please don't hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.