Go from previous theme to new installement of spirit theme

Hi,
I have an already developed site with elegant theme Divi and their builder with elegant theme Divi shortcodes. I also have a post type called projects.
- First can I use the contents in pages I already have or do I have to re-write them all again, considering I was using Shortcodes from Divi Theme?
- Second: How can I use the post type I have in Spirit theme? And How do I use the post type listing in a page?
- Also How can I create a template for how projects appear in the page?
If there s any light you can shed on this I would appreciate. If the only solution is rebuild everything again, then so be it :slight_smile:

• Sajid

Hi @maga,

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMUDEV :slight_smile:

- First can I use the contents in pages I already have or do I have to re-write them all again, considering I was using Shortcodes from Divi Theme?

No, it will not work on spirit theme because they are part of another framework and would not be recognized in Upfront framework. However, if there is just content without Divi shortcodes that will be available in upfront editor.

- Second: How can I use the post type I have in Spirit theme? And How do I use the post type listing in a page?

Since, the post type is registered by Divi itself that is a theme and not a plugin so it will also gone when you switch the theme.

But since the content is still in the database so you can get it back by registering the exact same post type again via a plugin like CustomPress. This way you can get it back in the upfront framework too.

Or you can also use a plugin like Post Type Converter and convert projects into posts or pages.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-type-switcher/

- Also How can I create a template for how projects appear in the page?

If you convert the projects into post then you can easily use any existing layout of post archive using post element and display them on any page. But you have to style it again the way it was in Divi or stick with existing predefined styles of upfront.

Note: For future, please always start a separate thread for each question to get faster response and according to our forum posting rules.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.