Go Full Width for Coursepress pages

We’d like to not show the sidebar on Coursepress pages. How can we set those to full-width and not show the default sidebar?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello leroy_burke,

I’m not sure if this is similar issue – page you are showing throws 404 error. Are you sure this is the right url? Are you using Divi theme also (if not, please create new thread for your question – this way author of the original thread will not be annoyed by posts that are not related to his question)?

kind regards,

Kasia

• David
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I never found a solution… but did find a work-around. Since the course area was part of a larger site, we created a sub-domain just for the course area and used the theme designed for it by WPMUDEV. So, it looks and works great, but is in reality in a sub-domain and styled slightly differently than the main site.

Might or might not work for your situation, but was a workable solution for us.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi matt.s.dow34,

Did anyone ever figure out a solution to this issue? I’ve got the same problem – wanting my courses and dashboard pages to be full width using DIVI.

You would have to make use of the coursepress templates, located inside your /wp-content/coursepress/theme/coursepress to make the desired changes for each page. For eg: To override your /courses page, you’ll have to create an archive-course.php file inside your theme folder, this file is based on the coursepress theme.

Please check the attached zip file of a child theme below, which have a full width /courses page, you’ll have to create your other coursepress templates based on this, to get the desired layout for other pages. The child theme have a custom template for /courses-dashboard, you’ll have to create a new page, and assign the template with a full width page layout option. I haven’t tested this out extensively so there might be some glitch, or problems with the theme.

If you still have issues with CoursePress and Divi, would recommend you to create a new thread, to get your queries solved asap. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nataliya
    • Crowdproducer

Hi, David,

Basic solution is just to use a short code within a Divi builder text module. For example: [course_list show="dates,cost" limit="10"]

This will just list your courses with no sidebar, if you do not put it deliberately through the Divi builder. This should work in a combination of Coursepress original theme and Divi builder plugin.

This is an example of a page with this short code: http://www.virtualbrandmaker.com/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.